Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been looking at the Surface Pros some more. Whilst I'm not after a gaming laptop (though, like Brady, I'd want to play FM and maybe TEW on there), I wanted to see how it'd cope with games. Saw someone playing Half Life 2 on there and it worked fine on maxed out detail so long as it was on 720p resolution, or take a few details off and play it full resolution. You can connect a 360 controller to it wirelessly to play whilst it's set up as a tablet too if you prefer. Someone was saying there was 'throttling' issues (reduces FPS because of it can't cool itself enough) on some games, though they bought a USB fan which helped.

They do all these videos with pie-charts and OneNote and productivity on the go and all that shit with some guy looking all sophisticated, attaching a GPS location of where he wants to meet someone in his message...Fuck that. Show that you can fuck around with your formations on Football Manager with the touch screen and watch the sales soar.

When you get a sexual health checkup do they run a test for everything? Even HIV and the like?

If you ask for it. Obviously they have to take a blood sample for that.

Right, cheers. I've had this weird paranoia recently,  about not using condoms a few times when I was younger, and I'm getting stupidly anxious over it.

• Paid Members

OK. When you get to Victoria, go to the London Underground ticket office and buy an Oyster card for £5. But you're not really buying it, it's a deposit. Top up the Oyster with another fiver. That will get you to Hackney and back to Victoria. Then, go back to the ticket office and give them the Oyster card and they'll refund your deposit.

To save yourself some time, fill this out beforehand and bring it with you: http://tfl.gov.uk/cdn/static/cms/documents/application-for-refund-form.pdf

You'll have to enter the Oyster card number, I think, at the time. You also should bring some ID if you can since the Oyster won't be registered and they can get a bit cunty about it when you don't have ID.

I'm running a competition on Instagram to give away a free tattoo. People submitted ideas, I picked my favourite ones, drew them and now people are voting for who wins. Only issue is there's over 1000 fucking votes already and voting will continue till 7 tonight.

I basically want to know if there's an easier way to count them than going through manually. The votes are all in numbers 1-9, which I could probably copy and paste from the post

Archived