Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What are the benefits of a midi controller keyboard vs a "classic" keyboard with different voices etc? I've been talked into buying a midi controller but the latency isn't very nice and I bought a 49 key one so it's quite limiting when playing a piano part (my bad). For just a few quid more I could get a yamaha with more keys and actual voices so I can monitor the playback as its going down, also knowing it'll sound more legit going through a Kontakt VST.

If you buy the actual Yamaha keyboard, and it has MIDI output, you get the best of both worlds - you can either record its internal sounds out to your PC, or use it as a MIDI keyboard to run soft synth.  The latency will probably be less too - I find USB MIDI keyboards to be a retrograde step to be honest, with their appalling latency.

• Paid Members

Has any one used or have much to say on Lumie body clocks, or other such daylight/sunrise style alarm clocks.

I'm finding mornings getting harder and harder, its getting worse and I'm after a good solution to help make things a bit smoother.

I did hook one of those SAD therapy lights to a timer, but it obviously went from blackness to burning bright white at a seconds notice which hurt they eyes and then had me just falling asleep sat on the side of the bed in a floodlit room.

they aren't cheap, so I'm curious to hear if anyone's got an experiences on here.

• Paid Members

The odd thing is I've seen the Lumie ones and Phillips ones, which I didn't know were fixed bulbs which does put me off, but not much else except what seems like tat.

There does seems to be a few discontinued models knocking about on ebay, but even then they aren't going cheap.

Thanks Chest and Loki. I took the 49 key controller back and got a Yamaha PSR E443. It's only a soft key but it's got the usb midi out and some of the electro type voices are really great if there's nothing in Kontakt that works. I had an earlier model of the same line before we emigrated and I wanted to stick with what I know for now. Almost went with a weighted key digital piano for $200 but it wasn't great and you feel there's something wrong with it at that price. On a side note, didn't know how amazing the midi editor in Reaper was until this weekend.

We have a birds nest in our roof. I've searched for things like pest removal but they just seem to deal with wasps and bugs and what have you, and as this isn't a problem for Dale Gribble, I'm at a loss as the only form that seems to come close is aren't okie, but I've got a vision of that costing an arm and a leg.

Would the RSPB come and get rid of it? Or is that beyond their jurisdiction?

Has anyone had any experience with mediation in terms of resolving a domestic issue? Did it work? How much? How to arrange it?

I strongly suspect that the authorities are getting as fed up as I am of the ex getting in contact with them over frivolous and spurious attempts to get me arrested (again!) and charged over things I haven't done. At last count there were 5 separate cases/incidents on going! :/ I have not been charged with anything and each report from the ex comes across as more desperate each time.

I haven't had any contact with the ex since we split in August and am frankly sick of it. The stress is beyond a joke

Citizen's Advice has been next to useless as have the Solicitors I've contacted.

Literally any help would be much appreciated.

I'd been trying to buy tickets for Barcelona vs. Espanyol last night. The site is shit though and wouldn't load up the payment page on two browsers on my phone or the hotel's iMac. My partner went to book them this morning on her iPad and ended up buying tickets to the Barca vs. Sevilla game this Saturday instead accidentally. These tickets aren't cheap, but the support line say they can't give refunds and won't entertain the idea of getting the manager on. What the fuck do I do?

Archived