*Official* Youtube.com cool finds thread

quote the raven

Ivan and Vladimir Kollof take on the formidable Headhunters in a 1993 W*ING bout.

Vladimirs' German suplex at 02:15 is amazing enough but the belly to belly that quickly follows is beautiful.  It is a shame that the full bout; which is a favourite of mine and one that ends in a wild brawl  does not to be about online.  I think that Victor Quinones' W*ING promotion sometimes gets tarred with a death match spot fest brush which is incredibly unfair.  Some of the compilation tapes and special event tapes showed some great matches.  I loved the Iceman vs Miguel Perez fued.

Then again I am probably talking shite as the most iconographic image of W*ING was when Matsunaga wrapped barbed wire from his bat over his foot then blasted Mr Pogo with a savate kick.  The wire stuck to Pogo's head and remained stuck as he fell to the floor as is he had been shot.

By the way has anyone seen the Space Flying Tiger Drop that Miguel Perez jnr pulled off in W*ING or on a Monday Nitro bout in a video sharing site?  If so could they post it here please.

• Paid Members

Matches that you think didn't happen, but actually did. Taken from the WrestlingClassics.com board and from a random episode of WCW Thunder in 2000. Hogan vs Dustin Rhodes..

• Paid Members

WCW was full of matches like that tp be fair. Bret Hart amd Booker T hooked it up in several instantly forgettable matches for instance.

WCW had so many people under contract at one point, we'd all be stunned at some of the stuff we probably havent seen yet. Only recently found out they did an angle on Worldwide where Hole In One Darsow suffered a bad head injury and began coming out thinking he was still Krusher Krushev.

• Paid Members

WCW was full of matches like that tp be fair. Bret Hart amd Booker T hooked it up in several instantly forgettable matches for instance.

WCW had so many people under contract at one point, we'd all be stunned at some of the stuff we probably havent seen yet. Only recently found out they did an angle on Worldwide where Hole In One Darsow suffered a bad head injury and began coming out thinking he was still Krusher Krushev.

Aye, I read that one. Wasn't he also under Demolition-like facepaint at one point too? I'd love to see what was happening there.

• 2 weeks later...