*Official* Youtube.com cool finds thread

quote the raven

• Paid Members

I've always found it fascinating just how big Nash & Hall became in 1996 and just what a big deal their jump to WCW was. As cool as the Ramon gimmick was, Hall had never been a main eventer in the WWF and Nash hadn't long come off the worst drawing run as WWF Champion in history up to that point. They just looked like huge stars from the outset after jumping. Makes you question what the WWF was doing with them but also shows how the rub of being a WWF guy had great importance even at a real low ebb for the company.

Seeing what WCW was doing with them, Nash particularly, in the brilliant video posted above is almost offensive.

• Paid Members

I've always found it fascinating just how big Nash & Hall became in 1996 and just what a big deal their jump to WCW was. As cool as the Ramon gimmick was, Hall had never been a main eventer in the WWF and Nash hadn't long come off the worst drawing run as WWF Champion in history up to that point. They just looked like huge stars from the outset after jumping. Makes you question what the WWF was doing with them but also shows how the rub of being a WWF guy had great importance even at a real low ebb for the company.

Seeing what WCW was doing with them, Nash particularly, in the brilliant video posted above is almost offensive.

I don't want to hijack the thread, as its intended for videos after all, but I agree wholeheartedly.

I've even heard people say that Razor Ramon would have made WWF champion, but the closest he ever came really was the 1993 Rumble match against Bret and was never near hitting those heights again.

If they'd pulled the trigger very early into his run, and left him in the Flair/Macho/Mr Perfect fold, then maybe. But he ended up being a solid upper midcarder and there's nothing wrong with that.

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members

I don't want to hijack the thread, as its intended for videos after all, but I agree wholeheartedly.

I've even heard people say that Razor Ramon would have made WWF champion, but the closest he ever came really was the 1993 Rumble match against Bret and was never near hitting those heights again.

If they'd pulled the trigger very early into his run, and left him in the Flair/Macho/Mr Perfect fold, then maybe. But he ended up being a solid upper midcarder and there's nothing wrong with that.

Razor's a funny one. I remember thinking about 1995 when SCG Radio did their "rebooking" podcast and I pretty much forgot about him. Even though I was a big fan and they were crying out for stars in '95, I'm so used to him just being there that he didn't cross my mind.

I don't think it would have been a stretch to give Razor the push Diesel got in late 1994. Obviously wasn't going to happen because Diesel was the guy the'd picked but Razor was as over at that point, as credible and in all fairness, couldn't have done much worse.

I was disappointed that he didn't get a shot at the top in WCW until I discovered the stories about his personal problems and realised why WCW would never have the faith in him not to screw up. I suppose he was an RVD before RVD.

They were big start alright, and they got big pops in the arenas, but often drew ratings far below other WCW/WWF acts. I'm not sure why, but if you go back to '97-'98 Observers Nash's segments almost always went down and Hall didn't fare much better.

Seen as Global Force Wrestling is doing nothing of any note anywhere involving anybody, Jeff Jarrett appears to have fallen into Cash For Good nonsense to fill his days

Looks like the lizards have taken it down.

Santo Gold is the original and best anyway!