*Official* Youtube.com cool finds thread

quote the raven

• Moderators

Yeah, on regional sports networks like the MSG Network for New York shows from MSG, and PRISM for shows Ā from the Philly Spectrum. I assumeĀ Boston Garden shows were on NESN.

MSG, Meadowlands, and Nassau Coliseum shows aired on HBO from 73-77, MSG Network from 77-92 and occasionally the USA Network. Philadelphia Spectrum shows aired on PRISM from 77-89. Boston Garden shows aired on New England Sports Network from 85-89. Z Channel in Los Angeles also aired some LA Sports Arena shows in 88-89.

Ā 

On top of that, USA Network aired off-and On Capital Center shows from 81-84. St. Louis shows in 84 and Houston shows were taped 86-88 as part of agreements with their local market broadcast affiliates to include matches from those shows within the regular WWF TV broadcasts. And on a similar note, Toronto shows from 84-90 and occasional shows elsewhere in Ontario during that time were taped to include matches within the regular WWF TV due to Canadian broadcasting laws of the time requiring a percentage of broadcasted content to be produced within Canada.

Ā 

And then WWF would repurpose matches from these shows for the All-American Wrestling and Prime Time Wrestling shows on USA, and for Coliseum Video releases.

• Paid Members

Remember a while back when someone on youtube got Dave Meltzer to talk in-depth about every Wrestlemania and the behind the scenes stuff going into them? We'll he's done it again for every Starrcade.

Ā 

like the sound of that

Richard Land's youtube is the best channel on there. The fact he uploaded an episode of the super rare pre-september 1986 incarnation of WWF Superstars of Wrestling means he's welcome at my house for a cup of tea anytime.

Just a cup of tea? I was expecting at least a can of beer!Ā ā€‹Glad everyone's liking my channel, plenty more to come!

ā€‹http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq6_0hFCpIZ5hMDdV-86HHQ

Edited by landy1987

• Paid Members

I could do with something to listen to at work but 16 hours is a huge commitment. How is he to listen to?

It's in several chunks and each Mania is about 15-20mins. As mentioned, it flies by. He occasionally thinks out loud which is slightly irritating but it's a fascinating listen all in. I'm gonna start again soon.