Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

This is so sad, I can't quite believe this news. I was privileged to have seen PAC wrestle at various times throughout his career, at Broxbourne against El Generico in 2006 (and what amazing careers they would both go on to have!), with Dragongate UK several times, where he was the star of the show, and then most recently at the big AEW shows in the UK.

I was just watching All Out last night with a mate and we were saying how far he'd come and what an awesome wrestler he was.

My deepest sympathies to his family, friends, co-workers and all who knew him.

 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Woke up absolutely stunned. I was watching him at All Out thinking he really should have a main event match one day

As above when I first saw him live at Southside a few years after he'd left the UK scene he felt such a big name to be coming back to the UK scene and someone who truly broke out 

He was phenomenal in AEW most of the time too and with the added flair knowing he was one of our own

Gutting news, what a shit year for losses 

 

  • Paid Members
Posted

I don't understand this one. It's just devastating. I've no words, really. The man was incredible and so young.

I am so sorry his family and friends have lost their loved one. 

Posted

Absolutely devastating news to wake up to, brain still struggling to process it to be honest. First saw PAC in 2006 at a 1PW show, the stuff he was doing then blew my mind and instantly knew he was going to be a massive star, a true innovator and inspiration for high flyers. To pass so soon after Andy and how emotional he was on the tribute video he did just makes it hurt that little bit more, hopefully they are both together now and at peace. Sending love to his family and friends, RIP X

  • Paid Members
Posted

Awful news. He may have been the man that gravity forgot but he will be remembered by wrestling fans around the world. Actually gutting. Just think, 5 more years and he would have been the right age to main event in the WWE. 

Like the Numbers brothers David and Jm I saw him wrestle here in the UK and then around the world. A man who stood out as a high flyer even when surrounded by other great ones. Just devastating to wake up to, thoughts go out to his loved ones. 

 

 

  • Paid Members
Posted

This is truly shocking and utterly shit news to wake up to. There's very little to add to what's been said about PAC as a wrestler - an absolutely stellar talent - or as a bloke. I saw PAC a bit around the BritWres scene, first as a fan, then as a translator. I had the honour of having to translate from Japanese to Geordie and back for when he had his match with Morishima in IPW:UK, and he was a really lovely guy, friendly, polite, easygoing. Never heard anyone say a single bad thing about him. 

For sheer talent, and for personality, he more than deserved his success. One thing that doesn't tend to get mentioned is his ability to sell, especially high spots. I'll never forget seeing him take a Sheer Drop Brainbuster from Stevie Lynn in FWA, which looked like he'd landed directly vertical on his neck, yet he was right as rain (he told me afterwards it was a trick of landing on the elbows, but it was still impressive as fuck).

Man, this is just awful. We've lost a really good one. RIP PAC.

Posted

Awful. Really surprised and shocked by this. 
I remember seeing him on shows in 2000s such  as dragon gate  and feeling really proud when he went to WWE as he was one of ‘our boys’ making it big. 
 

Posted

@HarmonicGenerator - Spectacular post. 

Sometimes in this mad world of wrestling, you forget the profound effect that some talent can have on someone. We've all got our favourites, but we've all got those that mean that little bit more to us.

Thanks for sharing it.

 

Posted

Absolute shocker to wake up to, I’d read bits and bobs about some British guy called PAC in wrestling magazines over the years but it wasn’t until he got signed for NXT that I first got to see what he was about, absolutely blew me away and he became an instant favourite 

I loved his short lived team with Corey Graves and then his run as NXT Champion but he was fairly wasted on the main roster right up until he turned heel and had that great run as King of the Cruiserweights

His AEW run had been utterly fantastic, both solo and as part of both the Death Triangle with Penta and Fenix then as part of the Death Riders. He went out on a high with that great match against Andrade on Saturday 

RIP PAC, thank you for so many memories

Posted (edited)

As if anyone ever needed reminding, but it's just another huge nudge that tomorrow isn't guaranteed for anyone.

Live your life to the max, check in on your mates, and tell your loved ones that you love them.

RIP Pac.

Edited by The King of Old School
  • Paid Members
Posted

I mentioned this in my original post, but since then I rewatched PAC vs. Orange Cassidy from Revolution 2020, and it's just as good as I remembered. I can't think of a better tribute to him than showing him at his best. I'm sure there will be plenty of journalists and people unfamiliar with PAC today trying to find out what he was all about. It's tragic that his death would be what introduces them to him, but he was one of the most influential British wrestlers of the past decade - and was capable of magic in ring like this: 

I'm finding myself wanting to talk about PAC this morning, and I wanted to celebrate just how brilliant he was a little bit more than I did in my previous post. If you've googled PAC and found this thread, I'd only have to direct you to the All Out thread on this board to get an idea as to how genuine the thoughts expressed in this thread are - he was one of the most believable and effective heel characters in recent memory, a tremendous wrestler and, by all accounts, a tremendous human being. And I'm not sure he ever had a bad wrestling match - the one I've just shared is my personal favourite, but it's hard to pick a standout from such an incredible body of work. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

I've got no words. Horrendous.

You were guaranteed a good to great match anytime you saw him. Managed to do what only a few in wrestling have ever done and combine genuinely breathtaking high-flying and a hard hitting, brutal, nastiness.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...