Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

What the fuck. That has stunned me. Some of the great early AEW matches were PAC matches. Against Omega, Cassidy, Hangman. Looking at him the other night and the size he is now, I was hoping a world title match down the line with Ospreay might happen again and how good it would be. Can't believe this news. RIP PAC.

Edited by TheBurningRed
  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

What the fuck that is devastating. A spectacular athlete who rounded out his game to become an outstanding pro wrestler. One of those guys where AEW would throw up a graphic of “X vs PAC” and you knew it would be a guaranteed belter. Also carved out a great grumpy bastard persona for himself and I found myself laughing out loud at some of his promos when early in his career you could tell it didn’t come naturally to him at all. 40 years old, absolutely gutting. 

Edited by JLM
  • Paid Members
Posted

This has genuinely thrown me through a loop and I can't even begin to put into words my feelings. I've woke up to hoping this is some fucked up dream. 

Genuinely feel sick from this. 

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)
I saw Pac live in the Grand Hall in Kilmarnock for BCW. It must have been about 2006 or 2007 but he was the talk of the scene then and rumoured to be one of the next big stars from these isles - which came true as he went on to WWE and then AEW. I was ringside that night and I was just a wee guy then, easily starstruck and Pac gave me a high five. It was cool to see his exploits as Neville and on the indies after that but I'll always remember that he took the time to give the painfully shy awkward wee guy a high five before all that. Rest well, Pac. Saying fly high would be redundant because you always did.
 
 
  • Reply
 
 
 
Edited by SpiritOfTheForest
  • Paid Members
Posted

Absolutely awful news. I mentioned briefly in the UKFF anniversary thread I was minorly involved in Britwres as a trainee back around 2005-2007 and this was around the time PAC, while still having matches at working men’s clubs like Billingham Synthonia, was starting to get bookings for Dragon Gate, PWG and ROH. He was the example of someone who made it. As a young lad from the Northeast not much older than me, he had a quality even way back then that stood out amongst everyone else and it was no surprise he was the one making it to greener pastures out the other side. It was very little surprise to see him make it to WWE and AEW.

40 years old is no age to go at all. His friends and family have my condolences.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I woke up early and went online to see if there was any update on Steven Borden, and I am absolutely stunned to have found this news instead.

PAC redefined himself in AEW, becoming one of the most effective heels in the company - believable, sinister and genuinely terrifying. His match with Orange Cassidy will go down as one of the best in the company’s history. 

And as I mentioned in the All Out thread before his passing, he was interviewed by Colt Cabana in 2014 and was the complete opposite to the character he would go on to play. He was quietly spoken, he discussed his battles with anxiety and mental health in a way that was far less common even then. He was fucking brave to do that, particularly in an industry packed with toxic masculinity.

It’s so easy to inflate someone’s importance after they pass away, but I don’t think his impact on the British wrestling scene or on AEW can be understated. He was such an important wrestler.

I can’t believe I’m speaking about him in the past tense. Honestly, this is devastating.

 

Posted

Absolutely shocking news, I won't claim to have kept up with his matches but was always a fan. Saw a lot of him in the early UK days from when he burst out to a full national star on the UK scene after hearing whispers about him from those who dared venture up north. 

Condolences to his friends, family and anyone here who knew him personally. Absolutely devestating.

Posted

Genuinely thought I was still asleep when it popped up first on my feed this morning. Had to do a double take and then came the tributes and the Lance video and the Marina video and it was all too much. Just awful, especially some of them finding out the way they did. I mean I know life has no logic other than it ends but fuck me it's a complete cunt sometimes.

None of this is eloquent but it's honest. One of the guys I'd seen from local events all the way up to the top and it'd always make you smile seeing him mix it up with the big guys knowing where he came from. Same sort of pride you got from Regal just going and doing what he did and being loved and accepted for that. In many ways also completely underappreciated because he made everything look so natural and easy every time he was in the ring despite so much of his shit being really fucking difficult. 

As many others have said and will say - never heard a bad word about the guy and much like Andy that's a really rare thing.

It's just shit. Really really shit. An incredibly tough time in the industry recently and I hope everyone gets the support they need. Despite there being no guarantees of tomorrow, it's still so jarring seeing someone go out one day doing what they love best and not being there the next.

Fucking awful.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Brilliant wrestler, I remember seeing him at DGUK in Broxbourne, you knew he was going to be a huge star. Mentioned this the other day, but met him on the WWE UK launch press thingy and he was a top bloke. 

Proper gut punch this one, didn't realise we're the same age either. Shocked. RIP.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...