EURO 2024

Weezenal

1 minute ago, gmoney said:

I'm staying at my parent's house at the moment, looking after my mum whilst my dad is in hospital for minor surgery. I've now made my mum sit through two of the dullest games I can remember. She's getting on, who knows how many more years she's got on this earth. Utter shite. 

I think I would've picked the minor surgery. Fucking awful.

(Hope he's okay!)

• Paid Members

I'm used to stressing out that half of Wales' players are struggling to get game time in the Championship, so I really can't fathom how such a strong side on paper can play so poorly. That's an embarrassment of riches.

Those boos at the final whistle and more negative headlines to come, I've seen this before. For England's players the unbearable pressure death spiral.

3 minutes ago, air_raid said:

For those that have watched - has it been worse than 2016?

2016 group stages at least had Sturridge scoring that injury time winner against Wales and doing his stupid dance.  It's been rubbish but we are in the side of the draw that avoids Spain, Germany, France and Portugal. So this lot may well stumble their way to another win or two. It won't be pretty though.

Just no point even going through. We'll be home this time next week regardless of who we end up playing on Sunday. It's just ridiculous. 

Would rather we just go out in the group so at least you don't have that slight bit of "well maybe we'll grow into the tournament" etc. 

Feels just as inevitable as 2016 for me that we lose whoever we play next, Southgate goes and we head into the next World Cup with Lee fucking Carsley as manager. 

I haven't seen them so unmotivated and passionless in a long time. They just can't be arsed. There's no urgency. No urge to pressure the other teams. Nothing. They quickly settle into their shit passing routine and then get spooked by the opposition and just sit back all fucking game. There's a few tiny glimpses of potential but it's like they've all forgotten how to play and they've been shoved out there after some group amnesia.

52 minutes ago, Doog said:

Just no point even going through. We'll be home this time next week regardless of who we end up playing on Sunday. It's just ridiculous. 

Would rather we just go out in the group so at least you don't have that slight bit of "well maybe we'll grow into the tournament" etc. 

Feels just as inevitable as 2016 for me that we lose whoever we play next, Southgate goes and we head into the next World Cup with Lee fucking Carsley as manager. 

That would be a step up given Carsley actually won a European Championship Final

I don't think I could have watched two more contrasting games yesterday. Netherlands Austria was a fabulous game of football, just relentless end to end stuff, the pace never slowing and both teams looking like they were fighting tooth and nail for the win until the end. Proper edge of the seat stuff. Then 8pm came and England looked like they were playing in bullet time yet again. My wife isn't a football fan but watches the international tournaments with me and even she was screaming at the telly questioning why nobody was making any sort of runs down the wings and asking why Trippier was just stood around watching Foden.

Pfft, you guys are so negative! We finished top of the group undefeated ?

Nah, but in all seriousness those three performances were all deeply uninspiring and a massive improvement is needed for the knockouts. 

• Paid Members

I'm glad I stopped myself posting what an outrageous travesty it would have been for Scotland to have held on for their 0-0 and all the other results to ridiculously have gone their way to enable them to go through with 2pts (according to BBC maths before the match). * Because it's a bit of a shambles that England could bore their way to topping a group with two goals in three games.

* Of course, this is merely a scathing indictment of the current format ; a total farce where 24 sides play a total of 36 matches merely to go down to the last 16. Worth remembering that without this utter daftness, Ronaldo's Portugal would have been out in the group stage in 2016 rather than go on to win it.

• Members

If Serbia vs England had ended 1-1, every single team in that group would've ended on same points, wins and draws, goals for and goals against, and now I am absolutely fuming that didn't happen.

Another reason to hate Southgate. 

• Paid Members

Imagine England were as good, or as entertaining, as Georgia. They would be some team then. Thank goodness that's not the case as it's funnier this way. 

• Paid Members
On 6/26/2024 at 9:55 PM, WeeAl said:

Imagine England were as good, or as entertaining, as Georgia. They would be some team then. Thank goodness that's not the case as it's funnier this way. 

This aged quite nicely.