• Paid Members

I think Ed Davey on BBC Radio 5 with Nicky Campbell has just sealed the deal for me. A very insightful and thoughtful interview. He seems genuine, enough to admit his past mistakes, talk candidly with callers, and also answer “I don’t know” which not many have had the wisdom to do.

Nearly every question he was posed got an answer that didn’t rely on soundbites or scripted phrases and yet again Nicky Campbell only pushed when he felt necessary and let the candidate speak for themselves.

I would suggest anyone undecided with access to the BBC iPlayer go and have a watch/listen as it’s probably the best interview I’ve seen this entire campaign and it’s made my mind up barring anything disastrous.

• Moderators

Really conflicted with my vote. I don't want to vote for Labour but it would give me so much pleasure to take part in making Chris Philp lose his seat. Ben Taylor (the Labour candidate) does seem like he'd make a decent representative for local issues. 

It's always been so easy in the past to just vote for whoever I want in a safe Tory seat but now my decision actually carries some weight and I am feeling the uneasy weight of civic responsibility.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Really conflicted with my vote. I don't want to vote for Labour but it would give me so much pleasure to take part in making Chris Philp lose his seat. Ben Taylor (the Labour candidate) does seem like he'd make a decent representative for local issues. 

It's always been so easy in the past to just vote for whoever I want in a safe Tory seat but now my decision actually carries some weight and I am feeling the uneasy weight of civic responsibility.

I think it would be an easy choice if you didn't think Ben Taylor would do a good job. Despite the ridicule on the national stage the reason Corbyn and Abbott have won their seats for decades is what they do as consistency MP's.

24 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I can definitely relate to that, I live in a safe Tory seat too, they are still forecasted to win here, only just. The Labour candidate has been parachuted in and was rejected for other areas, Labour don't see my constituency as a priority as they think it's not winnable so stuck her here, however there seems to be less than a 1000 votes between the two. 

I don't like the Labour candidate, hate that she lives over 100 miles away and knows nothing about our area or the issues, along with other issues with Labour in general that I've discussed in the thread. 

Labour could actually win here for once. The only candidate I actually think cares about the area is an independent but there are a lot of issues with her too so I don't know what to do. And as you say, the weight of civic responsibility is weighing heavy and I don't want to make a mistake. I feel the ramifications of making the wrong decision will be very long lasting.

Edited by deathrey

Starmer is my local MP, so nothing I do will make the slightest bit of difference. As discussed on here, I'm of the soft, squishy middle and fully expected by this point that I'd have reconciled myself to voting Labour; but, no, think I'll be voting Lib Dem. It's a slightly wasted vote, but I think they've ran a smart campaign, I don't find them particularly disagreeable and there's a level of normalcy, humanity and compassion to Ed Davey that I think the other leaders are missing.

I'm not excited about it, but it feels like the truest vote for me.