Wrestlemania London?

RedRooster

It may just be bluster, but Sadiq Khan has tweeted the following:Ā 

To which Triple H replied...

I mean...could it actually be happening? I couldn't justify paying the prices being charged to attend Clash at the Castle in Glasgow, but I'd willingly break the bank to attend Wrestlemania in London...

Edited by RedRooster

To be honest I think there's less a chance of itĀ notĀ happening at some point in the next few years.

WWE are practically invulnerable financially at the moment and the content can be consumed anywhere, anytime. I don't think the whole fabric of Americana/time zone thing is as sacrosanct an issue as it once was.Ā 

• Paid Members

I think we're putting 2 and 2 together.... and making fiiiiive.

22 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

I couldn't justify paying the prices being charged to attend Clash at the Castle in Glasgow, but I'd willingly break the bank to attend Wrestlemania in London...

Go to London, I guarantee you'll be mugged or not appreciated.

2 minutes ago, Vamp said:

Wonder if they'd be tempted to do 2 weekends of WrestleMania. 1 in London, 1 in the US.Ā 

I doubt they'd do that, but I could see a world where they split the nights. Sort of like a 2024 version of when they did a Wrestlemania from multiple venues on the same night.

As far as Khan is concerned I don't think there's much substance to what he's saying. There's an election next week, and talking about the Superbowl and Wrestlemania is money for old rope in terms of making headlines. He'd also present himself as the man of the hour if any of those things were to happen further down the road.Ā 

HHHs response is more interesting. I don't think a Wrestlemania in London is at the top of their list of priorities but nor do I think they'd be against making it happen if the numbers washed their face. I used to get the sense that they almost felt the fate of the company was tied up in how well the next big PPV performed, and that anything that might put a dent in the numbers would be avoided out of a misplaced sense of caution. Due to a number of factors I feel those days are behind us, and I'm more optimistic about the chances of it happening than I've ever been. There's not much room for sentiment in this cynical business, but I can't say that as a UK van I've ever felt that I haven't been valued. There are instances where they could have done better, like the cost of tickets for Clash at the Castle for instance, but on some level I think there's an appreciation there. I think a Wrestlemania over here would hold a certain appeal for the performers as well.Ā 

• Paid Members

Extremely disrespectful to be courting Wrestlemania when you already have All In Wembley! SadiqĀ KhanĀ doesnā€™t deserve pro-wrestling!

I wouldnā€™t expect it any time soon. Nick Khan was only saying the other day that their Big Four shows will be in America for the foreseeable future. Theyā€™ll accept the time difference for a B show like Money in the Bank, Backlash or Clash at the Castle, but Wrestlemania? I doubt it.

Sadiqā€™s just stole Cenaā€™s cheap pop. Say London Wrestlemania, get the big cheer, never actually deliver it.

The only reason I could imagine WWE doing it is so that they could sell out two nights at Wembley and then brag theyā€™d beaten AEWā€™s attendance record. An industry that thrives on petty bullshit.

Correct me if Iā€™m wrong, but despite having done numerous two-night Wrestlemanias in the past, wasnā€™t this yearā€™s the first one where they announced the combined attendance, as if to somehow prove that was the real quiz and theyā€™d beaten All In? It sure felt that way.

Wrestlemania though. Showcase of the Immortals. One can only imagine the number of red phone boxes and black cab taxis theyā€™d need.

4 hours ago, Supremo said:

Ā 

Correct me if Iā€™m wrong, but despite having done numerous two-night Wrestlemanias in the past, wasnā€™t this yearā€™s the first one where they announced the combined attendance

They definitely did it last year. Ā  Iā€™m sure they did the year before too.

Ā 

I wouldnā€™t think much to the initial tweet, but Triple Hā€™s reply is definitely interesting.

Edited by The Dart

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, The Dart said:

I wouldnā€™t think much to the initial tweet, but Triple Hā€™s reply is definitely interesting.

It probably means heā€™ll give him ringside for Clash at the Castle so they can show him on camera, just like Chris Tarrent and Vinnie Jones back in the day. The boos would be immense.

44 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

It probably means heā€™ll give him ringside for Clash at the Castle so they can show him on camera, just like Chris Tarrent and Vinnie Jones back in the day. The boos would be immense.

Reminds me of the time back at All In at Wembley where they made poor Dasha advertise tickets for the next Fulham games during breaks in play and getting booed out of the buildingĀ 

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Reminds me of the time back at All In at Wembley where they made poor Dasha advertise tickets for the next Fulham games during breaks in play and getting booed out of the buildingĀ 

Was that during the Zero Hour? We only got into are seats as the Tag match was starting so missed a lot of that stuff before and had no recollection of thatĀ