Clash at the Castle 2024 comes to Glasgow

Daaaaaad!

The camerawork on that is some of the best I remember. I thought Priest kicks out with the new ref and it took me till he had counted the 2 to realise. 

Punk’s popularity everywhere is underestimated at times though, wrong guy to try get nuclear heat against.

As a Celtic fan myself though, the patter is great to see.

Edited by FUM

• Paid Members

This Celtic/Rangers/WWE crossover is absolute mental to see. 10 year old me would never have believed this. 

I did think that Drew really leaning into his Rangers fandom with this (even though he's from Ayr!) was a bit weird because it will isolate half the city. Can absolutely say that a child abuse oriented promo is  not the way to go though like Devon suggests. That sort of thing being used as point scoring has zero place in the SPFL let alone fucking professional wrestling and reflects the absolute worst parts of our game. Perhaps I'm misreading an attempt at humour from him but that BJK shite is simply vile and genuinely makes me angry. 

11 minutes ago, SpiritOfTheForest said:

This Celtic/Rangers/WWE crossover is absolute mental to see. 10 year old me would never have believed this. 

I did think that Drew really leaning into his Rangers fandom with this (even though he's from Ayr!) was a bit weird because it will isolate half the city. Can absolutely say that a child abuse oriented promo is  not the way to go though like Devon suggests. That sort of thing being used as point scoring has zero place in the SPFL let alone fucking professional wrestling and reflects the absolute worst parts of our game. Perhaps I'm misreading an attempt at humour from him but that BJK shite is simply vile and genuinely makes me angry. 

Take this gay football chat out of our wrestling thank you plz plz

• Paid Members

Point accepted but it was in direct reference to a post from another poster. Football acts as an undercurrent for pretty much everything in Glasgow -even a WWE event as we're seeing here. BJK shit surely we can all agree is too much though. 

1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

Dunno about that. Someone who had knowledge of systematic workplace abuse, covered it up and denying ever knowing about it is a good guy move in WWEs eyes. 

Can we not just ban this guy from OT posts?

I love reading stuff on here, but this guy, who doesn't even watch cos he is better than that, ruins almost every topic.

To keep my post OT...I really enjoyed the opener, the main event was must see. 

• Paid Members

IMG_8427.gif.0c6ef5c51047f78d048559a9306d4ffc.gif

Summerslam 97 finish and Drew blowing a kiss goodbye as he necks Irn Bru with the fans would have still been a better finish.

I know they’re smoking hot right now, so can do whatever they want. And I know it ultimately builds to a grander plan of Punk vs. Drew down the line. But I’m still not sure there’s huge benefit in these hOmEtOwn HeAt situations. That sense of deflation. Twitter clips of fans chanting, “bullshit!” as they’re leaving the arena. Does this really get heat on the characters and create investment in the fictional story? It still feels like the heat lands more on the company, resulting in people being less willing to fork out a million pound a ticket next time.

Plus, you could at least understand it with Drew in Cardiff or Sami in Montreal because they were building Roman as the greatest of all time, leading to Cody eventually toppling him and becoming the Next Big Thing. But here, it’s fucking Damien Priest. The least interesting member of his own faction. A man being overshadowed by Finn Balor stealing Liv Morgan’s hotel key to try and shag her. What are we protecting or building by not switching the belt to Drew and Punk? 

All that said, though. For what they wanted to do? And the direction they’ve chosen? Phenomenal angle, spectacularly shot.

Son’s crying now Punk, cheers.