Clash at the Castle 2024 comes to Glasgow

Daaaaaad!

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Gutted it’s at the Hydro. Only 14,000 odd tickets means they’ll be priced crazy high. Does Glasgow not have a stadium they could have used?

Bodes well for Drew winning at Mania though. Get this man the run he deserved before Covid ruined everything! Justice for DM Hunk!

Punk vs. Drew in fucking Glasgow though? Punk going full heel? Nuclear heat.

Edited by Supremo

13 minutes ago, Daaaaaad! said:

There’s THREE! But I imagine 65,000 cagoules would’ve been costly. 

Most promoters see sense in avoiding Ibrox and Parkhead. Hampden has the Foo Fighters on the 17th and this seems rather last minute considering how far out they announced Backlash and Berlin. The turnaround times may have made that impractical.

Without the sold show aspect like the first CATC and Elimination Chamber in Australia. I can see why they would rather avoid a stadium scale production when they can have a packed arena at premium prices.

• Paid Members

I still remember the rumour that did the rounds back in the teletext pages days that the Royal Rumble was going up be at Celtic Park, but at the usual time to placate the US PPV audience. 

Wrestling. Outside. In Glasgow. Starting at 1am. In January.

"And here comes number 3, D-Lo Brown, charging to the ring... Oh no, he's slipped on the ice!" 

12 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

Most promoters see sense in avoiding Ibrox and Parkhead. Hampden has the Foo Fighters on the 17th and this seems rather last minute considering how far out they announced Backlash and Berlin. The turnaround times may have made that impractical.

It also doesn't have the option of a closed roof, and given where we are in the world; I can see why they might not want to risk that. And frankly, Hampden has a terrible atmosphere. The idea of the 'Hampden Roar' is pretty mythical. The Hydro is obviously smaller, but the atmosphere should be off-the-charts. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Daaaaaad! said:

Not sure what castle specifically, but this is quite a shock. 

Probably think there’s a castle on every street corner of “Merry Olde England” which Scotland is part of.

56 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Bodes well for Drew winning at Mania though. Get this man the run he deserved before Covid ruined everything! Justice for DM Hunk!

If they want to go down the route of Ayr’s McIntyre going for the belt in his “hometown” (again) then I think more likely is Priest cashing in before this show and Drew challenging. 

51 minutes ago, FUM said:

Good luck to SmackDown. It’s at the same time as Scotlands first game in the Euros.

28 minutes ago, Daaaaaad! said:

There’s THREE! 

These two posts one after each other made me think it’s the games there are three of rather than castles. Like, there’s THREE *, you can miss one! To be fair, I skipped England vs Belgium in the ‘18 World Cup for Flight of the Conchords.

* ONLY three, obviously.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, TheScarlettChad said:

Is there no decent Edinburgh arenas? 

Confusing grammar aside. No. The Highland Centre holds less than 10k for concerts so its not worth it. Murrayfield is the biggest stadium but similar issues to any other outdoor arena in Scotland. 

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, TheScarlettChad said:

Is there no decent Edinburgh arenas? 

There's definitely a castle. But they wouldn't allow the dog so while I've been outside it numerous occasions, I've never been allowed to invade it.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, air_raid said:

There's definitely a castle. But they wouldn't allow the dog so while I've been outside it numerous occasions, I've never been allowed to invade it.

Clash at the Tynecastle doesn't really work either.