Clash at the Castle 2024 comes to Glasgow

Daaaaaad!

They'll sell out Clash at the Castle without any problems, no doubt about it. As a nation, I thought the closest we'd ever get was Hot Rod, and that we'd never see anything more than a TV taping up here. 

To have a Premium Event in Scotland is huge in itself, and for it to happen at the same time there's an actual Scotsman near the top of the mountain means this is potentially the most important moment in Wrestling history from a Scots perspective. Now that Vince isn't around to send em home with frowns on their faces, we can dare to dream, can't we? 

Drew McIntyre is no Great Khali either. We've got a guy who's national identity is front and centre without it being a crude caricature, and he's up there with the best in the business at the minute. I'm not usually one for overblown patriotic sentimentality, but this would carry a bit of emotional heft. There are (were) a couple of venues just a short walk from the arena where I remember seeing Drew perform when he was trying to stay afloat after being let go from WWE. I'm already cringing at how much of an arse I'll make of myself if the unthinkable happens. 

10 minutes ago, TAFKA Jonny Vegas said:

Talk is the cheapest combo tickets are £145 each and going up to £3500 a ticket.

Will be trying my best to get two so I can take my son but not holding my breath between prices and limited availability...

Is that £145 for tickets to both shows? Or £145 to each show (so £290 in total)?

£145 for the both shows it appears, which in itself isn't *too bad* though I'm sure the cheapest house show tickets for WWE Live there were £35 each...so its over double the price for each night.

How many £145 combo's will be available is a concern too.

The cheapest tickets for Stevie Nicks recently were £90 and my wife ended up fortunate to get two at £125 each as when she joined the queue 1 second past sale time there were 20k people ahead of her...

I'm hoping to get to both shows (even though I could take or leave Smackdown) and I've got a rough price in mind that I'm willing to go up to. I know that the comparison to other shows isn't terrible but I'm never comfortable with tickets in that range because I know that it's going to price a lot of people out. I'd expect the rock bottom tickets to be like hens teeth, and I fear that any affordable tickets will be gone before you know it. 

The venue isn't too bad. At some arenas if you're in the gods it can feel like you're outside the event looking in. Even at the back of the Hydro the views are alright and the atmosphere carries well, so I don't think there'll be any bad seats. Fingers crossed. 

It's £145-£175 or bust for me esp with not been able to make it over til the Saturday morning thus missing SD

The late announcement of the event is also a factor. If I knew it was happening earlier in the year like Cardiff/MITB i could have saved up etc

Edited by Healy52003

Fair play if any of you managed to get pre sale tickets today. I joined the lobby as soon as it opened to join the pre queue, queue. There were 5000 people ahead of me as soon as I hit the actual queue.

The cheapest tickets available once I got in were £610 EACH. 

I did then check restricted view tickets and whether the gamble of how restricted they may be was worth it...£802 each.

Stayed up an extra 4 hours after finishing a night shift for that shite.

The pricing tiers are pretty fucking brutal. I've listed them below for anyone interested. At least all the footballers and drug dealers will be able to take their kids.

£175, £232, £289, £345, £390, £500, £610, £802, £940, £1160, £1583, £2945.

Sorry for the spoiler tags. I'm shattered, hit it by mistake and couldn't get rid of it. 😆

Spoiler

Edited by TAFKA Jonny Vegas

7 minutes ago, TAFKA Jonny Vegas said:

The cheapest tickets available once I got in were £610 EACH. 

I did then check restricted view tickets and whether the gamble of how restricted they may be was worth it...£802 each.

Stayed up an extra 4 hours after finishing a night shift for that shite.

The pricing tiers are pretty fucking brutal. I've listed them below for anyone interested. At least all the footballers and drug dealers will be able to take their kids.

£175, £232, £289, £345, £390, £500, £610, £802, £940, £1160, £1583, £2945.

This is utterly mad. I was in the queue with about 6,000 people ahead of me - but after seeing this, I've left. Thanks for sharing, and saving my time. There's not a chance I'm paying £610 for these. Hopefully I (and others on here) have more luck if/when individual tickets go on sale. 

When I followed the link some catastrophic fuck up happened and by the time I joined the queue there were 14000 people ahead of me. It went down quick enough but by the time I got in nothing was coming up. I spent a bit of time refreshing the search and tickets for £1K came up. Absolutely not. Kept at it and managed to get a Combo ticket for £500. It's much more than I wanted to pay, but given I've waited decades for something like this in Scotland I had to just bend over and take it, as I don't fancy the odds of getting something cheaper down the road. As they say in Chernobyl it's not great but it's not terrible.