Clash at the Castle 2024 comes to Glasgow

Daaaaaad!

“P&J Live in Aberdeen is the biggest indoor arena in Scotland and the fifth biggest in the UK.”

There’s also about 8 castles within a 10 mile radius. 

Although considering they had to mute the PDC darts from Aberdeen on the day that Rangers went bust, I’m not sure Drew McIntyre would get the “heroes reception” they’d be hoping for. 

• Paid Members

Ah, wrestling and football. Fond memories of going to Passport To Pain and hearing someone behind me complaining that Beckham had missed a penalty. And Cena saying "your football team's singing the blues" to the NEC and getting a huge cheer from the Villa fans in attendance.

They never really grasped that as a smaller country, you simply don't get everyone in attendance supporting the nearest team as opposed to the one three streets down. LETS GO BRONCOS etc.

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, MrK said:

“P&J Live in Aberdeen is the biggest indoor arena in Scotland and the fifth biggest in the UK.”

There’s also about 8 castles within a 10 mile radius. 

Although considering they had to mute the PDC darts from Aberdeen on the day that Rangers went bust, I’m not sure Drew McIntyre would get the “heroes reception” they’d be hoping for. 

No one wants to go to Aberdeen for anything. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, FUM said:

Good luck to SmackDown. It’s at the same time as Scotlands first game in the Euros.

Potential of record levels of BO and replica belts then given that even more ‘normal’ people will be filtered out of the equation.

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

Potential of record levels of BO and replica belts then given that even more ‘normal’ people will be filtered out of the equation.

At least we'll keep the violence in the ring.

• Paid Members

AEW should retaliate with doing a show in the shadow of Windsor. There's a Spoons called The King And Castle, maybe Jericho can get detained there long enough for the wrestling to happen without him.

Ignoring the obvious gentrification that makes parts of it identical to any town in England... they really live the gimmick in Windsor.

20231014_194455.jpg

Loving all these international shows. That's one in May in France, June in Scotland and August in Germany that we don't have to stay up until the early hours for.

Wonder if Smackdown will be impacted by clashing with Scotland's Euros opener at all.

Edited by AndyUK

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, no user name said:

Why doesn't wwe do an event at Wembley? Aew had 73000 at all in surely wwe could make a lot of money.

Because it’s likely AEW have a contract with Wembley as the only wrestling that can be put on there. That’s why they are there again this year. 

3 hours ago, garynysmon said:

In fairness Cardiff is a pretty sorry excuse for a castle anyway. 

I’m sure WWE are referring to this: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bishop's_Castle,_Glasgow

The fact that it last stood in the 18th century is neither here nor there…

Pretty sure there is a few in Glasgow such as Crookston and Newark. Probably a fair few within 20 miles such as Dumbarton, which I think has a pretty big castle. Given McIntyre was the home town hero in Cardiff, 20 miles in WWE terms is practically your flat mate. 

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, westlondonmist said:

Pretty sure there is a few in Glasgow such as Crookston and Newark. Probably a fair few within 20 miles such as Dumbarton, which I think has a pretty big castle. Given McIntyre was the home town hero in Cardiff, 20 miles in WWE terms is practically your flat mate. 

Fuck, that would make it closer than the first Bash At The Beach was to the nearest beach.