Clash at the Castle 2024 comes to Glasgow

Daaaaaad!

• Paid Members

20,000 people in the shadow of the Etihad. Make your own jokes.

Probably won't hold quite the sway of "you dont want to miss something special" as other cities since they've already changed the WWE title in Manchester. I didn't go. I think about it at least once a week.

I feel dreadful for people who weren't able to get tickets or were priced out. Those prices are atrocious and I feel a bit annoyed at myself for giving in. It's safe to say that if it wasn't the only Scottish PLE I'm ever likely to see, and if McIntyre wasn't near the top of the card I would have thought twice about paying half that. A part of my reasoning was that I won't need to pay for travel and accommodation, which is something I've always had to do previously, so overall it's probably in line with or less than what I'd spend ordinarily. Very difficult to justify if you're having to factor additional costs in though, and people who might otherwise have been tempted will rightly be giving this a wide berth. 

Due to the Euros game, I wouldn’t have went to the SmackDown show so far too obscenely prices for me to justify the combo ticket cost just for the big event. In fact to be honest, even with no Euros game I’d probably have refused to pay the prices on offer.

Cost me less for a flight, hotel and ticket in Cardiff than the prices that were coming up for me for the back row when I live 20 minutes away from this one. 

Tickets for most things at the Hydro generally sell out within minutes Keith. I dont think there will be much chances of picking ones up for bargains later on. My wife recently wanted tickets for Stevie Nicks which were absolute carnage and I know lots of people who couldn't get them but luckily I managed to get them on pre sale.

The cheapest tickets for her now are £250 odds each, more than double what they were originally.

Seen a lot of people on twitter pissed off at the prices but they'll likely still sell out. Its absolute greed too as the cost of WWE Live show tickets the last time they were here were between 1/4 and 1/6 of the prices for CATC.

Edited by TAFKA Jonny Vegas

• Paid Members
On 4/8/2024 at 7:08 AM, air_raid said:

IMG_3695.thumb.jpeg.945d92c25020b9cf7e75c1efe356af8a.jpeg

Just to follow up from this (excuse the pasting from a different thread) ;

On 4/21/2024 at 9:37 AM, air_raid said:

He’s staying, it just hasn’t leaked yet, I’m utterly convinced. If he doesn’t go on last for the Silver Medal in Glasgow I’ll be stunned.

In case anyone missed it, the Observer reported the other day that McIntyre's signed to stay until 2027, all but confirming in my eyes that he's main eventing this show.

Punk came back. Cody won. Drew signed. You'll all learn to trust me one day.

2 hours ago, air_raid said:

Just to follow up from this (excuse the pasting from a different thread) ;

In case anyone missed it, the Observer reported the other day that McIntyre's signed to stay until 2027, all but confirming in my eyes that he's main eventing this show.

Punk came back. Cody won. Drew signed. You'll all learn to trust me one day.

I for one trust you. 

On 4/24/2024 at 7:19 PM, TAFKA Jonny Vegas said:

Fair play if any of you managed to get pre sale tickets today. I joined the lobby as soon as it opened to join the pre queue, queue. There were 5000 people ahead of me as soon as I hit the actual queue.

The cheapest tickets available once I got in were £610 EACH. 

I did then check restricted view tickets and whether the gamble of how restricted they may be was worth it...£802 each.

Stayed up an extra 4 hours after finishing a night shift for that shite.

The pricing tiers are pretty fucking brutal. I've listed them below for anyone interested. At least all the footballers and drug dealers will be able to take their kids.

£175, £232, £289, £345, £390, £500, £610, £802, £940, £1160, £1583, £2945.

Sorry for the spoiler tags. I'm shattered, hit it by mistake and couldn't get rid of it. 😆

Reveal hidden contents

Those 800 quid restricted views are ringside, you just have to put up with Pat McAfee YEETING to Jey Uso's entrance 

Had an interesting discussion with a friend at work today about the cost of these tickets and what if any value for money they were.

My son is only 6 and last year I had taken him to a local indy show.

For £25 total we both had "VIP" front row ringside seats. That also included a signed poster and a photo op in the ring with a wrestler who for as far as he was concerned was as big a star as anyone. 

He spotted a few of the wrestlers milling around during the interval and the main event then got to have pictures with them as well.

We went to another local Indy show too where the tickets were about £15 for the two of us (albeit reduced on Groupon). He met and got a photo with Kalisto for £5 - which he was buzzing about as he had WWE figures and cards of him. Then he got a Kalisto mask, which he signed for him for £10.

The cheapest tickets even if they had have been available for the two of us to go to CATC would have been about £400 total for a birds eye view.

I appreciate the quality of wrestling, the magnitude of the star power and the venue/presentation is significantly higher, however to get anywhere near the same experience at CATC is $3500 EACH.

Give me a local event with a battle royal of trainees, interval raffle and a merch table selling a DVD of Fast Lane 2015 and Mattel Basic Alberto Del Rio for £15 each every day of the week.

Edited by TAFKA Jonny Vegas