Wrestlelamia

• Paid Members

I just thought a thread of shit takes/opinions from wrestlers might be a good idea. I felt inspired by this I found on twitter 

Add you’re awful takes and opinions from wrestlers here 

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, RedRooster said:

Why is that an awful take? 

I thought it was another example of weird robot like Cena. Just a weird thing to say to somebody. He’s basically made an opinion of someone it would seem based on their TV character. 

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Apologies if this sounds like AEW vs WWE tribalism, but "maybe we get you to play for the right team one day" is such a cringeworthy way to make that point, and if someone like Jericho said the same about LA Knight or whoever they would rightly be laughed at. Just say 'would love to see you in WWE!'

EDIT: Actually, would the latter fall under contract tampering or anything like that? If so, fair enough!

Edited by Lorne Malvo

13 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I thought it was another example of weird robot like Cena. Just a weird thing to say to somebody. He’s basically made an opinion of someone it would seem based on their TV character. 

But if all he's got to go on is that and any interviews or whatever, isn't that pretty natural? Plus he said he didn't really know what to expect. MJF has always blurred those lines so it's surely not that surprising Cena didn't know how he'd be?

It's as close to sounding human Cena has got in ages. That's exactly the sort of joke people Cena's age typically make to young kids wearing an opposition football shirt. 

"Spurs, is it? We'll have you an Arsenal fan before long lad..."

• Paid Members

Does kayfabe count? I still cringe thinking about Hogan hyping up the big arrival in TNA as “This guy could walk in the front door and just take the World Heavyweight title” and it turned out to be Kennedy. Really shat on the existing roster with that proclamation. Bet AJ, who was champ at the time, was thrilled when he heard that line.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

It's as close to sounding human Cena has got in ages. That's exactly the sort of joke people Cena's age typically make to young kids wearing an opposition football shirt. 

"Spurs, is it? We'll have you an Arsenal fan before long lad..."

Not our John.

See you in court.

IMG_9489.jpeg

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Here's the clip in question. Clearly said tongue-in-cheek. Just get an AEW tattoo already, Scorchio!

The quote is worse out of context. I’ll take the L because I maintain that post makes it seem more cringey but accept in the interview the context was jovial.

ill be honest @air_raid I felt the same when Tony Khan hyped the biggest AEW signing as being Christian Cage, look how that’s worked out (Kennedy, not so much).

• Paid Members

Surely it’d be easier to name this the Bully Ray & Booker T thread. Worst takes, every single time. I don’t know how either succeeded in the business. Thick as mince.

The only rationale that makes sense to me is that they’re on a grift not dissimilar to Cornette and Russo, and just spout shit to get attention and clicks.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Surely it’d be easier to name this the Bully Ray & Booker T thread. Worst takes, every single time. I don’t know how either succeeded in the business. Thick as mince.

The only rationale that makes sense to me is that they’re on a grift not dissimilar to Cornette and Russo, and just spout shit to get attention and clicks.

It's like they saw the success Russo and Cornette and thought they could make money out of it, but haven't figured it all out. Bully makes Busted Open radio an easy skip for me, which is a shame because some of those guys are pretty good.

I think we can all agree that this isn't a good look though 

Edited by Hannibal Scorch