AEW Revolution

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

Got to be honest, I've not been keeping up even with reading the AEW results online or watching Toni Storm clips on YouTube so I've no idea what's happening aside from Sting's last match.

Card so far looks alright. Can't say I'm excited for Danielson vs Kingston. The nicest lads, obviously, but they're gonna do half an hour of that strong style shite. Ospreay vs Takeshita should be brilliant though as what little I've seen of both of them I've really liked. Hopefully Samoa Joe will make Swerve and the daft cowboy have a proper match. Orange Cassidy vs Roderick Strong sounds like it will be fun and possibly quite funny too.

Looking forward to it, albeit almost completely out of context. If anyone wants to point me to any stuff I should see ahead of this happening, be delighted to have recommendations.

• Paid Members

Christian vs Daniel Garcia is happening and while I can’t say I have any interest in the match or Daniel Garcia, worth watching is this Christian promo 4 minutes in.

He name drops Daniel Garcia’s Mam and seemingly doxxes her by giving out her address on live TV. Google the address though and it’s the cemetary she’s buried in.

Then he hits a “your father is dead” and gets an Austin pop for it. Best heel in the business.

• Paid Members

Looks like an all-timer card.

Cannot wait for Danny Garcia to raise that TNT Title, with Daddy Magic crying at the desk, beaming with pride. The ultimate payoff to Christian Cage’s Dead Dad Express. Maybe the real treasure was the surrogate Dads we made along the way.

• Paid Members

I was meant to be going to Cornwall to watch it with one of my mates as he really wanted to watch Sting's final match with me, but between college every Friday and my mum's having been in hospital I'm not going to be able to make it down there. I'm gutted as well. There will most likely be actual tears shed once my all-time favourite rides off into the limelight. 

• Paid Members

Card looks pretty spectacular with numerous potential classics. The only negative is MEAT MADNESS not being remotely mad enough. A triple threat with Lance Archer 100% guaranteed to take the pin does not scream madness to me. They should add as many guys as possible to this and make it no dq - Brody King, Kill Switch, Jake Hager, JD Drake, Killswitch, Brian Cage, Toa Liona, Shane Taylor, even throw in Johnny Hungee for a laugh. Just go absolutely fucking bananas with it.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

They should add as many guys as possible to this and make it no dq - Brody King, Kill Switch, Jake Hager, JD Drake, Killswitch, Brian Cage, Toa Liona, Shane Taylor, even throw in Johnny Hungee for a laugh. Just go absolutely fucking bananas with it.

This, plus have it take backstage in Butchers kitchen like that Young Bucks vs Butcher & Blade match from yonks back. Slabs of meat hanging from the ceiling, Danhausen cameo in a butchers apron, just throw everything at it.

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Card looks pretty spectacular with numerous potential classics. The only negative is MEAT MADNESS not being remotely mad enough. A triple threat with Lance Archer 100% guaranteed to take the pin does not scream madness to me. They should add as many guys as possible to this and make it no dq - Brody King, Kill Switch, Jake Hager, JD Drake, Killswitch, Brian Cage, Toa Liona, Shane Taylor, even throw in Johnny Hungee for a laugh. Just go absolutely fucking bananas with it.

I now really want them to run an angle where someone new joins The Patriarchy, Christian does the re-naming gimmick again and calls the new guy Kill Switch. 

Kill Switch & Killswitch then chase the tag belts. 

• Paid Members
On 2/27/2024 at 12:24 PM, King Mal the Glorious said:

He does claim to be over 300 pounds...

Now, for some people this will remind them of Holly cousins claiming to be super heavyweights and carrying scales. I, however, recall an episode of Nitro where Michael Buffer accidentally announced Sting & Luger as having a combined weight of 852lbs. Making them roughly as chunky as the Natural Disasters, were it true.

• Paid Members

Meat madness just being a Triple Threat doesn’t seem meaty or mad enough, but I’m willing to accept it if the match goes all through the arena and tiny, small men are constantly thrown about and used as weapons. In many ways, this was the pinnacle of Lance Archer’s career.