AEW Revolution

Devon Malcolm

6 hours ago, Chili said:

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/posts/darby-allin-sting-aew-wrestling

Darby Allin has written a Players Tribune article about Sting. I'm aware it's Darby Allin so I'm just posting the link for anyone who wants a mooch.

From that piece, the thing that sticks out the most:

I’ve been thinking about what a legacy is, and what a career is, and even what a life amounts to. For someone like Sting, it’s impossible to wrap your head around. The guy has been loved by literally millions of people, across five decades. He’s wrestled Ric Flair, who was born in 1949…. and Nick Wayne, who was born in 2005. There’s this hugeness to it that’s so insane. But what’s special about Sting I think is how he hasn’t let that hugeness define him. Moment to moment, person to person — he’s just lived his life, decided what’s important to him, and cared.

----

Sting sounds like just a genuinely good bloke trying to do his best for the business and industry and change perception of what pro wrestling is all about 

But there's like four meat men in that scramble picture alone?

Hook should be an honorary meat man, like a more serious Crash Holly where he actually keeps up with all the big lads and is suplexing them over the place.

Edited by Merzbow

• Paid Members

Remember when Chris Jericho would have his finger on the pulse, always knowing when it was time to re-imagine his character or take a break, to stay fresh and interesting? Who could have guessed all that time he was actually just accruing time owed to take at the end of his career. Lad’s a fucking cockroach. Cannot get rid of him. He’s David Brent, showing up with his dog. Nobody wants a drink with you. Nobody wants a meeting with you.

I’m sure he was in the UK as recently as a day or two ago, touring his shitty band. Fucker must be using Tony’s jet to make it back in time to stink up the joint and leech off another big house he had nothing to do with.

Edited by Supremo