AEW Revolution

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

Likewise. At least 3 matches on the card have potential to be absolute greats and in very different ways. Not a bad looking match on the show and lots of variety. And for the first time in ages the matches have all been built up to in exciting, logical ways. Could be an all timer of a show.

• Paid Members

I’ve taken tomorrow off. AEW PPV’s are long so I’ve decided to watch zero hour (and a half) and then probably the first hour live and the other 4 hours tomorrow morning post school run. It’s got all the makings of an all time classic as well as what will probably be a very emotional farewell to the Stinger.

47 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I’ve taken tomorrow off. AEW PPV’s are long so I’ve decided to watch zero hour (and a half) and then probably the first hour live and the other 4 hours tomorrow morning post school run. It’s got all the makings of an all time classic as well as what will probably be a very emotional farewell to the Stinger.

Could potentially be their best ever ppv. I'm not gonna watch the zero hour but I'm gonna watch it live. One thing about the shows is it can be a bit hard to sleep after. Especially if the ending is really good. Like all out for example when Adam cole and Bryan daneilson debuted 

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

The Acclaimed and Billy Gunn need to thank the heavens. If Sting hadn’t retired tonight, the Trios belts would have been immediately switched this coming Wednesday.

IMG_7746.thumb.jpeg.fa7981db92b5094c7606e4b64194e5d7.jpeg

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Supremo said:

The Acclaimed and Billy Gunn need to thank the heavens when they go to sleep tonight. If Sting hadn’t retired tonight, the Trios belts would have been immediately switched this coming Wednesday.

IMG_7746.thumb.jpeg.fa7981db92b5094c7606e4b64194e5d7.jpeg

That’s a flashback to the Hasbro fed. My tag team champions for ages were The Ultimate Warrior & The Ultimate Warrior. No explicit explanation but I reckon Jim had simply discovered the art of self regeneration on his travels through the cosmos. I considered having the third one interfere in one of their defences but decided that would be a little unrealistic.

There aren't many times I'll sit there legit crying while having the time of my life but that Sting entrance video broke me and the whole build up was incredible and the night lived up to it too. Exhausted but so worth it. Can't really think straight but if you're not watching the whole thing - which you really fucking should - then at least start with the Sting stuff and the Ospreay match.

• Paid Members

Blubbering at Sting's entrance vignette. So happy for him he gets to end it on his own terms with no screwy finishes or bad booking. A well deserved happy ending for him.

But jesus christ, Darby.

This is the first major AEW PPV that I've missed, though it sounds like it was a great show. There are just too many AEW PPVs now to justify the high point of entry, and this month I decided to give it a miss. I do feel like I've missed out though, and that I probably should have skipped Dynasty instead!

I did watch the pre-show though, and I really hope they do something more with Jay White soon. Having Billy Gunn push him aside to square up with Satnam Singh seems like a bit of a mad thing to do. As much as I've enjoyed Gunn in the past in AEW, he has a horrible tendency of making himself look good at the expense of younger wrestlers. But yeah, the 'Bang Bang Scissors Gang' is the absolute worst. Given the promo he's cut, maybe he's Joe's next challenger. Wardlow may have won a title shot, but it doesn't sound like there's a specified date for when that might be. 

But yeah, I wanted to post something just to say how fucking great Sting has been in AEW. I have no nostalgia for Sting. I didn't watch wrestling back when he was a big deal. His TNA run didn't do much for me. I didn't hate him, but I didn't 'feel' anything either - there was no excitement or enthusiasm on my part. 

But fuck me, what a final run. Everything from his debut to his closing match was handled as it should have been. I'd love to have seen him have one final solo match, but ultimately, it's up to him what he feels comfortable with at this stage, so it's hardly a complaint. But the fact he's wrestling at this level, at this stage of his life is nothing short of remarkable. He probably should be a broken wreck, he probably should be stinking up the ring - but he never did in AEW, not once. 

As far as AEW success stories go, giving Sting the final run he deserved is right up there with Tony Khan's most significant achievements as a wrestling booker.