UKFF FORUM AWARDS 2023: THE RESULTS

• Awards Moderator

THE GOOD

On-topic Poster of the Year

An absolutely brilliant year in On-topic and all worthy nominees, but @Supremo retains.

MMA Poster of the Year

A close one right up until the end, but @wandshogun09 just about nicks it.

Off-topic Poster of the Year

This went right to the wire and in the end, we couldn't separate @FLips and @SuperBacon, who share this year's award.

Funniest Poster

Frankie Crisp

IMG_2302.GIF.243f5e4d1421fd99d51a4cf9a3277e7c.GIF

Thread of the Year

The remarkable House Show Happenings thread rightly sits at the top of the pile this year.

Good Augene

Frankie Crisp

IMG_2281.GIF.2ee9646cb4b8a5cf61943a6d16deec00.GIF

Best ongoing UKFF gag 

Two Months at McColls wins for the second year in a row, which basically involved people voting for Two Months at McColls for two years.

Post of the Year

The amazing tale of @Scott Malbranque's colleague was always going to be impossible to top.

Unsung Poster of the Year

@air_raid has a 52% chance of being right and a 48% chance of being wrong but with 28.7% of the votes he takes 100% of the award to finally and deservedly get his flowers.

Screenshot2024-02-16at13_31_39.png.f3dd372e2dfdaab60e098770c91d677d.png

THE BAD
Failed Comedian

Sorry, @Hannibal Scorch

IMG_2052.GIF.098392ff979d902358a855fb4d244a79.GIF

Worst Thread of the Year

Tony Khan is Still a Twat for the second year running.

White Noise

Sorry, @Keith Houchen

IMG_2269.GIF.932383d793ad795bd6e9594460edd065.GIF

Dolt of the Year

Sorry, @Kfogg1991

Most Tired UKFF gag

We finally draw a line at Tony Sniff jokes. As per the rules of this award, future references of this may result in banishment and sadly you won't be told by Clauidia Winkleman.

Thanks to everyone for taking part!

Edited by Frankie Crisp

• Awards Moderator

Couple of bits:

Firstly, hopefully the winners of the negative awards will take this in good humour and know this is all just a bit of nonsense on an Internet forum. No malice intended and hopefully it won't deter any of you from continuing to post.

Secondly, you're off your rockers voting for me in those awards. I'm humbled and embarrassed in equal measure, think there are way more worthy winners but it's still lovely. Ta.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Frankie Crisp said:

Most Tired UKFF gag

We finally draw a line at Tony Sniff jokes. As per the rules of this award, future references of this may result in banishment

411's AEW Full Gear Preview | 411MANIA

Ah nice one everybody, bit embarrassing really but I'll take it.

Congrats to all the winners, that Off topic one was a great tussle and everyone deserved to win. All top lads, and great posters. 

Obviously well done to @FLips and thanks as always to @Frankie Crisp for putting it altogether. I wanted to be Bret obviously but the face worked better on Lex :(

spacer.png

I do very much enjoy writing on here, its always a great way to de-stress (mostly!) and if I ever create a new thread, I always try and think of making interesting, or ways to make it so that we can all get involved, and I hope that shows. 

The Xmas film thread is here to stay, and I'm pleased people liked that as I had a lot of fun writing the posts, and lets really get behind that ratings shite next year. What a dreadful, dreadful thread, so let's make it the loser it deserves.

Thanks again, I'm off to spread the good news.

spacer.png

Much love x

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, Frankie Crisp said:

Unsung Poster of the Year

@air_raid has a 52% chance of being right and a 48% chance of being wrong but with 28.7% of the votes he takes 100% of the award to finally and deservedly get his flowers.

(clears throat)

When Sally Field won an award, she gushed “I can’t deny the fact that you like me. Right now, you like me!” Conversely when Christy Mack won one, she said “I don't seek validation by having an award saying 5 people thought I sucked cock the best this year." So I suppose how I feel is somewhere in the middle of these two emotions. Always the bridesmaid, I’m finally the bride.

This ranks among my top three favourite moments as a keffer, along with receiving a PM from nicholasjackson titled “I’m not a racist” and getting nominated for Post Of The Year for telling Flaming June he was a cunt. Joking aside, I’d say I have nobody to thank except myself, but that would not be fair to Flair. So… ajmcstyles, wwffan2, crawlingwest, kendal mint cake… oh wait, he’s on the wrong list, he should be under “liars” rather than “twats.”

Actually joking aside, thank you to all that nominated me and especially voted for me. I’ve never felt in any way overlooked for the “big one” compared to the winners - to Ian, whose recall and wit far exceed mine, to Pat who’s routinely the best informed and most interesting read on here, and certainly not this year to Supremo, who cares far more about far more of the wrestling than I’d ever be able to. But it’s nice to be recognised as adding value. It does mean a lot in a very real sense that the hours upon hours of my life I’ve spent posting to this forum in the hope that some of it might be found informative or interesting by fellow wrestling fans, has not been a waste of time.

I mean, in the very real “a life worth living” sense, sure it’s been a waste of time and I expect to be pruned next time The Inquisitor passes by Salford. But at least somewhere in all of it, some of you found value, be it my Japan diaries, contributions to “review a match” threads over the years, or that time I was forced to say something positive about Mark Henry. And on the net balance, it’s been a positive experience. Aside from times like wrongly proclaiming The Rock would never wrestle again, getting suspended for a banned TWCFism, being threatened by angry promoters, and lending money to people who never paid it back. But by and large, it’s been a giggle. Apologies, I suppose, if this has turned a bit cringe for some of you, but it’s my reality. Live Laugh Love.

22 minutes ago, Frankie Crisp said:

Thread of the Year

The remarkable House Show Happenings thread rightly sits at the top of the pile this year.

thumbnail.jpg.1ae96d8ce02979db1bbe12310cd02a6c.jpg

I think I should get an award because I'm great. In fact, I think I should get two awards in case one of them doesn't work.

This is a really pleasant surprise. I'm genuinely happy that it turns out enough wrestling fans are still visiting the wrestling forum that the most popular thread for last year was a wrestling one. Funny thing is, I actually started the thread in the hopes that I would learn something. And I have - that Bret once defended the Intercontinental title against El Matador, that Shawn once did a job to Doink, that Zack Ryder has a better win/loss record than any of us could have guessed. But it turned into a labour of love and I'm glad everyone enjoys it. Here's to the match that started it - Bret vs Smithers "most recently at the Meadowlands."

Anyhoo, I’m off to celebrate as though I’ve just won big at the bookies. A few halves of mild down the Lamb and Flag, followed by tucking into donner meat and chips from a real chippy while listening to the shipping forecast, followed by a backwards poo while considering my next watch purchase, before finally laying down to sleep on some lovely pillows.

disco-inferno.gif

Here's to the only double that counts.

RAID OUT.

Edited by air_raid

Absolutely humbled to receive my ninth (I think) individual award. Coupled with my being the most upvoted poster of all time shows that I mean as much to you as you do to me. 

Thank you. 

• Paid Members

Great job as always Frankie and I’m honoured to share such a prestigious award with Bacon. Congratulations to all the winners. To all of the almost rans, it took me over 15 years to win anything positive on here so keep at it and dreams do come true.

9 minutes ago, FLips said:

Great job as always Frankie and I’m honoured to share such a prestigious award with Bacon. Congratulations to all the winners. To all of the almost rans, it took me over 15 years to win anything positive on here so keep at it and dreams do come true.

This is the kind of motivational shit I'm here for! Bring on the 2024 awards.

Great job as always, and I’m particularly  pleased to see @FLips and @SuperBacon share the spoils for Off Topic. Two brilliant posters, who were absolutely brilliant last year.

I couldn’t disagree more about @Keith Houchen’s white noise win - his posts are consistently brilliant in my eyes. 

He’s a brilliant person too - as is @Hannibal Scorch, it must be said. I don’t really know @Kfogg1991 - but I’m sure you are also, don’t take the award to heart!