Vince McMahon may actually be done this time [Trigger warning: Sexual Assault]

JNLister

18 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

I don't know if any speculation like this is helpful. "Rumoured", "alleged", people sleuthing the report for things like you've mentioned about Prichard.

I'm not saying these people are or aren't referred to potentially, I just personally don't find anything like that remotely helpful, and unfair also.

The part time Columbo cosplay is worse than ratings chat. 

This is your benchmark moment for Triple H moving from "Benevolent creative future of the company" to "The guy in charge is an evil villain" right here. Took him literal hours after Vince leaving. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, SaitoRyo said:

I can't actually believe (I can) that Levesque went to that press conference and said 'didn't read the lawsuit, please don't kill the vibes, guys'. 

Doofus son-in-law indeed...

The more I think about it, the more I think it’s the exact kind of response a McMahon would give in that situation. I guess the disappointment is we thought/hoped he was better than that.

• Paid Members

Remember when Hunter would wear a backwards cap to prove he’d turned babyface? I think he thought Serious Spectacles was enough to handle a real situation that wasn’t just people telling him how great he was.

But yeah. Imagine being a woman in that company, reading all that shit, and the fucking boss is like, “don’t worry about it! Focus on the positives! I didn’t even read it! Have you seen how much Netflix are gonna pay?!”

1 minute ago, Supremo said:

Remember when Hunter would wear a backwards cap to prove he’d turned babyface? I think he thought Serious Spectacles was enough to handle a real situation that wasn’t just people telling him how great he was.

But yeah. Imagine being a woman in that company, reading all that shit, and the fucking boss is like, “don’t worry about it! Focus on the positives! I didn’t even read it! Have you seen how much Netflix are gonna pay?!”

Depends.  If you have a good relationship with that boss, he’s championed your career and supported you every step of the way, you might feel loyalty to him and feel he’s in a difficult position.

I don’t think he handled the question well, but we’re a million miles away from wearing a silly wig.  But it’s HHH and people have been waiting for a chink in his armour for a long time.  

Hunter had 3 days to work something out to say. Instead he did a stupid pop at AEW and gave the shittest answers to those questions imaginable. I mean it was shameful. He's saying the questions were 'killing the vibe' just sums it up. Maybe acknowledge that the company will investigate thoroughly. Don't mention it was a great week just say you will strive to make sure any person in the company feels safe. Say something!. You could literally have got a lawyer to shape your answers while avoiding specifics. The arrogance is astounding. 

How's he also claiming he found out in real time ha. Is he serious? 

At least Cody did a politician's answer and he had fuck all to do with the company for years, probably shouldn't have even be asked. 

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Supremo said:

Yeah he was giving serious Dapper Laughs black-turtleneck-of-contrition there.

I think people often forget how much heavy lifting the qualifier is doing when someone is "smart for a wrestler"

Edited by Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Loki said:

I don’t think he handled the question well, but we’re a million miles away from wearing a silly wig.  But it’s HHH and people have been waiting for a chink in his armour for a long time.  

I don’t really want to make this a tribal thing and bring up silly wigs, but on its own merits, I not only thought it was terrible, but it gets worse the more I think about it. Hunter threw on his Teacher’s Specs, but then answered the questions like a Student whose, “dog has ate his homework.” Three days to come up with that?!

First he goes full David Brent and just wants to focus on all the boss stuff going down right now. Shush your lips about the rape and sex trafficking, will ya! Everything’s brilliant! Then he says they’re doing everything they can to make their staff feel safe from abuse of power, but then goes on to supposedly admit he hasn’t even read the suit. So if we’re to believe he hasn’t read it, how can they possibly be doing “everything”? I think reading a long list of abuse your company is being sued for would be number one on the list of, “everything,” wouldn’t it!?

I’m not looking for a chink in his armour. I praise him and slag him off equally, whenever he deserves it. This was a fucking car crash. Whether Tony Khan looked a complete idiot or not giving his politician’s answer makes no difference.

The only positive I can take out of it was that at least there were some proper journalists there, showing some actual backbone. It was getting super depressing that the only people showing any balls in this whole situation was bloody Slim Jim and Ronda Rousey.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Loki said:

So you think the Tony Khan situation at the last AEW press conference, based on a rumour started by a podcast host the day before, was worse than HHH asking people to focus not on the sex trafficking allegations of the former owner of the company because he hadn’t read the lawsuit and people should focus on the Netflix deal instead as that’s more positive? And whilst I defended the choice of why TK donned the wig and sunglasses, to keep them on when being asked serious questions is really indefensible.

HHH was one of the reasons I started watching WWF again after a 4 year absence. His running of NXT from weird reality show into the prototype Super Indy was superb. Him getting pushed up the ranks I thought was a positive step for both him and the company. But to suggest people are reacting poorly to it because people wanted a chunk in his armour is pretty deluded. 

edit: Supremo said it better while I was still typing.

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

3 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

They're all shit. It's not a competition about who wore the silliest accessory or who gave the worst answer. They've all got shit to deal with and they all need to do better.

To be clear, I mentioned that only because it has been explicitly referenced earlier in this thread as a comparison.  I dislike that tribalism as much as you, as I think I’ve made clear many times.

Edited by Loki