• Paid Members

that would have been the worst Dynamite in weeks even without the Punk footage, but luckily it had that to make the whole thing feel a bit grubby as well. 

• Paid Members
35 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

With how baggy and toothless AEW is right now, its only fitting there's a Battle of the Belts this weekend 😴

Not to derail the thread by being positive but the HOOK vs Shane Taylor match is going to be bloody great.

• Paid Members

I want to like AEW so badly, but they just love setting rakes down and stepping on them. Every time I open myself up to it they do something that completely puts me off again - Hangman wins the title, but Jay Lethal debuts; Sting has an amazing final run, and they bring Ric Flair in to put a cloud over it; the Continental Classic feels like a return to the pre-Punk drama days but it turns out they can't move past it and now they're airing shit security footage on their primetime show.

AEW's history for me has been one of a continuous erosion of trust to the point that now even when it seems like something's hitting for them I'm hesitant to start getting back into it because I don't trust they won't make me feel like a prick for being a fan.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

I don’t think it’s a coincidence that they have their worst shows of the year when they’re obsessed with throwing mud at the competition and reacting to criticisms on-air. What next? Are we going to start calling out losers like Bully Ray and Bischoff during the live broadcast?

They’ve done the impossible. They’ve made me prefer to see Dean Ambrose in WWE than Jon Moxley in AEW. I’d have burst with excitement if he’d came out in the Shield gear at Wrestlemania. After this show, I wouldn’t wish for a Mox return to Dynamite any time soon. He’ll lose his mind with this bullshit.

I wonder if WWE would have thrown a bad wig on him, the same way they originally did with The Undertaker when he turned up with the shaved head.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members

It’s hyperbolic in a sense but it’s worrying how quickly attitudes have changed on this company from “I hope X goes to AEW so we can see what they can really do” to “I hope X goes to/back to WWE because this company is dying a death”.

WWE hasn’t been this hot for quality, ratings, booking and bunch of whole other stuff in a very very long time and AEW is heading the complete opposite direction. A lot of the AEW roster really should start looking at how they can WWE-ify themselves sooner rather than later because you would think the likes of Ricky Starks, MJF and Cody’s other mates are already one foot out the door, and people like Moxley, Renee, FTR and Malakai Black probably wouldn’t be far behind.

It’s reactionary and an unfair comparison but you’ve got to think both rosters will be looking at the shows this Wrestlemania week closely and be either thrilled or gutted at who they’re with.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, FLips said:

A lot of the AEW roster really should start looking at how they can WWE-ify themselves sooner rather than later because you would think the likes of Ricky Starks, MJF and Cody’s other mates are already one foot out the door, and people like Moxley, Renee, FTR and Malakai Black probably wouldn’t be far behind.

His deal is up soon isn't it? I imagine Hunter's already added him to the group chat.

1 minute ago, FLips said:

WWE hasn’t been this hot for quality, ratings, booking and bunch of whole other stuff in a very very long time and AEW is heading the complete opposite direction.

True but things change very quickly. Post Mania we'll see where we shake up.

No doubt Dynasty will be a banger and hopefully MJF/Omega etc back means it will step up a gear going into Wembley. This was a stupid thing to do but I think there is a slight over reaction here. What needs to change is for them to run smaller arenas, hotter crowds. Get the feeling back.

I'm still baffled by Tony Khan's thought process here. What did he think would happen? Go and do a podcast and show the footage if you must.