Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted February 8, 2024 Moderators Posted February 8, 2024 I feel like I need to see that! Haver you got a link to a clip? Or what should I be typing in to look for it..? Quote
RedRooster Posted February 8, 2024 Posted February 8, 2024 (edited) 38 minutes ago, Loki said: I really didn't like the CMLL stuff at all - really obviously staged and rehearsed in places and the little chap Dorada still managed to mess up a few moves. He's everything I dislike in wrestling in one undersized package. Hechicero is hench though and obviously good, but trying to do submissions in the middle of a six-way match made him look a bit dumb. I feel similarly. I don't see the point in it. I don't know who these wrestlers are, and to ask us to get excited about CMLL wrestlers when they underutilise virtually every Latin American star they have on their roster. I just don't see what the point in this is. If you really must do it, build up the wrestlers in question first rather than just throw them out there. Edited February 8, 2024 by RedRooster Quote
Paid Members chokeout Posted February 8, 2024 Paid Members Posted February 8, 2024 1 hour ago, Chest Rockwell said: I feel like I need to see that! Haver you got a link to a clip? Or what should I be typing in to look for it..? Quote
Infinity Land Posted February 8, 2024 Posted February 8, 2024 4 hours ago, RedRooster said: A good episode, although I think it was a mistake to make the announcement that they did. With Punk, what they were doing was a little more obvious - and you had Darby make references like 'best in the world'. I'm not sure enough people will put 2 and 2 together to realise that this show will be the debut for Mercedes Mone. Perhaps they'll get more obvious about it in the coming weeks, but I'm not sure I'd have realised if I wasn't on here. In addition to that, the Punk debut worked because he'd been away for so long. Mercedes is still wrestling, and has even appeared on an AEW show before. I'm not certain taking the approach they're choosing to take will work here. That said, it's great to see them build a show around the debut of a female wrestler. Fortunately for everyone involved it's not really going to be a 1:1. It's a named Dynamite in a major market that hasn't had a show from AEW in 9 months. That would be expected to do well by AEW standards anyway. This might push it into the 10k+ category which betters anything the company has done in Boston. It's not a secondary TV taping added last minute weeks/days before a show(s) in the same town like First Dance or Collision, that were wholly dependent on Punk's debut/return. I think there are plenty of people that will be able to put it together. Online most have already. Remember it didn't take much during the Saraya + mystery partner v. Britt Baker & Jamie Hayter. Plenty of hopes raised only to be dashed back then. Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted February 8, 2024 Paid Members Posted February 8, 2024 9 hours ago, Supremo said: Considering wrestling usually has no middle ground between "MAKE IT OBVIOUS IN BIG PINK NEON LETTERS WITH THE SUBTLETY OF A PILE UP ON THE M25" and "Say nothing. Do nothing. Press nothing. Get Kryten" ... I applaud this kind of cheeky egg for the attentive. ... and with that, I can finally officially renounce WWE as my preferred big time US promotion of choice and declare that I always will be, and always have been, a massive fan of AEW. "Look in my eyes, what do you see? air_raid has deserted me." Quote
Guest Posted February 8, 2024 Posted February 8, 2024 (edited) The poster literally says "Bo$$ton". I'm pretty sure people will get it. Also, don't forget that Mercedes has a...devoted...fanbase who will talk this up as the most important wrestling event in the history of our great sport Edited February 8, 2024 by Duke Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted February 8, 2024 Paid Members Posted February 8, 2024 13 minutes ago, Duke said: Also, don't forget that Mercedes has a...devoted...fanbase who will talk this up as the most important wrestling event in the history of our great sport I'm going to do my be$t. Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted February 8, 2024 Paid Members Posted February 8, 2024 13 minutes ago, Duke said: The poster literally says "Bo$$ton". I'm pretty sure people will get it. Also, don't forget that Mercedes has a...devoted...fanbase who will talk this up as the most important wrestling event in the history of our great sport On the flipside a few of the twitter accounts I see pop up on my timeline have change their stance from disappointment that Sasha didn't return from the Rumble to declairing her as a waste of money and another Tony Khan bad decision, so they are taking the news well. Quote
Loki Posted February 8, 2024 Posted February 8, 2024 (edited) Once again, don’t read Twitter. It’s not real life. It’s 50% sponsored or bot accounts and 50% lunatics. Edited February 8, 2024 by Loki Quote
DavidB6937 Posted February 8, 2024 Author Posted February 8, 2024 Just now, Loki said: bot accounts Are you suggesting my middle aged tweets about wrestling aren't actually popular with the young female asian population? Quote
BrodyGraham Posted February 8, 2024 Posted February 8, 2024 With them both having money based characters, would it be a stretch to imply that this could also double as a debut for Okada as well as Mercedes? They've done the double debut before, but would that be seen as a waste of a big pop? Would it an Okada debut be better served at Revolution? Does Kazu just fuck em off to take the 'Mania payoff and watch baseball? Quote
Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted February 8, 2024 Awards Moderator Posted February 8, 2024 Great episode from start to finish this week. I’ve said it before, but I think I genuinely would be fine if Hangman and Swerve fought forever. And that swinging slam Big Bill hit on Darby may be one of the best things I’ve ever seen. Quote
Mr_Danger Posted February 8, 2024 Posted February 8, 2024 So confused. How can I be so #notgay for Swerve and so #notgay for Hangman (obviously the moustache helps). Hangman is good, he’s in the right. Swerve is a baddie. So #notgay. So confused. Quote
Doog Posted February 8, 2024 Posted February 8, 2024 We could have moustache Hangman and moustache Bucks with all the gold after Revolution. The three of them back together as proper heels would be quite something. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted February 8, 2024 Paid Members Posted February 8, 2024 It’s early days of course, but considering what a great prick he played last night, taking into account how he’s one of my all-time favourite babyfaces, and then just adding last night’s match to his overall body of work? Hangman Adam Page is wildly underrated. He’s absolutely fucking incredible and not enough people talk about it. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.