People who are pleasing to listen to

Bellenda Carlisle

• Paid Members

I forgot Richard Burton and Michael Sheen. 

@Thunderplexdo you remember that service where you could send a text to a number, and you'd get a call back with Tom Baker "reading" the message out loud assembled from him having recorded loads of words?

Jon Culshaw's actual speaking voice is pretty good. 

Ronni Ancona. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz

• Paid Members
39 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

@Thunderplexdo you remember that service where you could send a text to a number, and you'd get a call back with Tom Baker "reading" the message out loud assembled from him having recorded loads of words?

I had no idea about that!

• Paid Members

It appears the service ended in 2006, but with what AI can do nowadays it almost feels like they were ahead of the curve. 

As someone riddled with anxiety who finds old video game worlds nostalgically relaxing I'm obviously a big fan of ASMR (mundane WOW classic levelling up videos with typing sounds, thanks for asking) but that's a bit like shooting fish in a barrel in a thread like this. 

Unintentional ASMR however, I found this very relaxing Norwegian man describing his synthesizers last night:

• Paid Members

Sam Elliot and Peter Capaldi both have voices I could listen to for hours.

If anyone listens to the Empire/Pilot podcasts, I always find James Dyers voice weirdly soothing and comforting. Beth Webb from the old Pilot TV podcasts too, although a big part of that could be that I fancy her.

• Awards Moderator
52 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said:

If anyone listens to the Empire/Pilot podcasts, I always find James Dyers voice weirdly soothing and comforting. Beth Webb from the old Pilot TV podcasts too, although a big part of that could be that I fancy her.

Definitely with you on Beth Webb. I miss her being on Pilot, she was lovely to listen to.

• Paid Members

Stephen Fry. No links as I'm sure we're all familiar with him but he made any episode of QI. His soothing voice was very much an essential part of that programme for me. 

Also - the late great Sir Christopher Lee. A man who could recite literally anything and it would be the best thing ever. What a voice. 

I watched this film as a kid and Christopher Lee's rant at 22.48 still lives on in my head.