People who are pleasing to listen to

Bellenda Carlisle

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I'm really relieved to hear that. He does come across well. Steve-O has such a weird voice; I don't think I'll ever get used to it.

He's the worst person to have a podcast, his voice is horrible to listen to

Edited by Bellenda Carlisle

• Paid Members
37 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

It's so odd I find it quite compelling. It's like the aural equivalent of the 'people who are pleasing to look at' thread.

Which starts, and ends, at Ralph Ineson.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, CleetusVanDamme said:

Shohreh Aghdashloo!

Ah, man. Great-looking lady, lovely smoky voice. Brilliant as Avasarala in The Expanse.

Also, there are loads of great voices out there. Tony Todd, Michael Parks, Aisling Bea, André Braugher, Tony Jay, Jennifer Tilley, Brian Blessed, Mariella Frostrup - there are loads more, just those are off the top of my head. Someone should do a thread.

• Paid Members

Keith David? 

Mako had a marvellous voice. 

George Takei has a pretty rich baritone. Bruce Campbell can sound pretty cool at times. 

The late Andre Braugher, Marc Evan Jackson, Nick Offerman has a nice voice. Joey Lauren Adams is in that Jennifer Tilly mode. 

• Paid Members

We had an "awards ceremony" (aka mass rhubarb rubbing) at work yesterday, and there were bunch of different emcees. The best by a mile was one bloke who sounded like a cross between Ken Howard (the lead in the old show The White Shadow, and later in 30 Rock), Johnny Gilbert (Jeopardy announcer), and John O'Hurley (J. Peterman from Seinfeld). Kind of bloke who could read the phone book and make it sound good.

Anyway, all of the people above had/have tremendous voices.