31 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

I'm glad you all enjoyed but from what I saw I thought it was absolutely awful and I'm surprised it's got a second series.

I think the second season will decide if I actually liked it or if it just wasn't as bad as I was expecting the first time..

2 hours ago, kidzero said:

Slightly of topic Anyone watching cheers a great tv show and a cast of characters 

Don't get me started, it's probably the finest American sitcom ever made and the pilot episode might be the finest sitcom one ever done, it's incredible how fully formed the characters already are. Top tier luxury TV.

I assume it's a money thing. If it's a continuation of Frasier there'll be people who have royalties/contractual producer credits or suchlike. If it's a new TV show that's also callled Frasier  (ala any remake) then that lessens the amount of people you have to pay out.

22 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

I'm glad you all enjoyed but from what I saw I thought it was absolutely awful and I'm surprised it's got a second series.

I felt this way after the first few episodes, but I thought it really found its feet round about the episode Frasier and Freddie accidentally date the same woman. 

In the end, I really enjoyed it and I thought it did the original series justice. Out of interest, were you a fan of the original or were you watching it with fresh eyes? (I assume the former, but I’d be curious as to how a ‘new viewer’ would have found it)

• Members
17 minutes ago, RedTwoster said:

I felt this way after the first few episodes, but I thought it really found its feet round about the episode Frasier and Freddie accidentally date the same woman. 

In the end, I really enjoyed it and I thought it did the original series justice. Out of interest, were you a fan of the original or were you watching it with fresh eyes? (I assume the former, but I’d be curious as to how a ‘new viewer’ would have found it)

Yeah I'm a big fan of Frasier, and I gave it a good go, but for me it just wasn't funny in any way. 

• Paid Members

Finally finished Cheers so I'll be starting Fraiser soon. I don't think I ever really had a comfort show but Cheers became that this year so hopefully Fraiser will take its place.