SuperBacon

6 minutes ago, Factotum said:

I enjoyed the 5th episode. I like Alan and Frasier together and David is probably the best thing about the ensemble cast.

I really enjoyed it too, it was the best episode since the first one, and it was the first episode that I felt lived up to the quality of the first season. Alan is a really good character, and David is good too. Eve is decent, but the ‘new’ Freddie isn’t working for me. Even if you ignore the fact he is so far removed from what he was in the original show, this interpretation of the character is a bit grating. Maybe he’ll grow into the role.

• Paid Members

It was slightly derivative of older episodes but Episode 6 has been the most Frasier so far. Some very funny bits in it and the beginning with all the characters in the bar was the most natural the ensemble has felt.

On 11/9/2023 at 7:56 PM, FelatioLips said:

It was slightly derivative of older episodes but Episode 6 has been the most Frasier so far. Some very funny bits in it and the beginning with all the characters in the bar was the most natural the ensemble has felt.

I really enjoyed episode 6 - I think they really nailed it with the fifth and sixth episodes. It felt like the Frasier of old, and that they'd pretty much all figured out who their characters are; while the writers had figured out how best to use them. I'm really glad that they brought Frasier back, and I really hope they commission another season after this. 

• Paid Members

Episode 7 continues to get better. I don’t want to jinx it but it feels like the show is finding it’s footing. The writing is getting a little more natural and it’s making the whole thing feel less like a tribute.

Spoiler

Lilith is still as wonderful as ever. I always did enjoy the episodes with her and Frasier. There’s a lovely familiarity to her despite all the jokes to the contrary.

• Moderators

Hmm. I have a bit of concern about the last couple episodes. There are some moments where the writing felt directly referential to the original series rather showing a proper understanding of the characters and their motivation; a bit fan fiction-y in a way. I enjoyed them, but they feel freshest when they land scenarios and jokes with the new characters well. 

I correct my previous comment about david ; he's solid but Alan is the best thing about the new cast. 

4 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Hmm. I have a bit of concern about the last couple episodes. There are some moments where the writing felt directly referential to the original series rather showing a proper understanding of the characters and their motivation; a bit fan fiction-y in a way. I enjoyed them, but they feel freshest when they land scenarios and jokes with the new characters well. 

I correct my previous comment about david ; he's solid but Alan is the best thing about the new cast. 

Yeah, Nicholas Rodders has done a top job of making Alan a fun, interesting character and honestly feel he will get even better. Fair play to the time travelling shagger.

Freddie’s colleagues are probably the worst thing about this show, they’re oafish to the point of feeling out-of-place, there’s no roundedness to them. I liked the episode for the most part, but it wasn’t quite as strong as the previous two. I’m still all in for more seasons of this, though.