SuperBacon

• Paid Members

I hate the school teaching thing, it's so boring and restrictive. I'd much rather see Frasier hosting his degrading talk show or just being a rich guy who can do whatever he wants and getting into funny situations and projects like Larry David in curb.

Freddie actually retaining his intelligence but hiding it in some sort of inverted snobbery has finally given him a bit of depth which is good, hope they develop that and move away from his stereotype 90s sitcom workmates (although moose actually being called mousse is probably my fave joke in it so far).

The young mum whatever she's called just seems like a character created for a situation comedy, she's there at the house and serving at the bar for people to bounce off but it doesn't come across as natural at all. 

The last couple of episides have made me feel this might not be something I'll ever think is actually good or interesting even if it's ok enough for me to keep watching. It's either too boring, too silly or too "sitcom by the numbers". In episide 8 the roulette of coffees with one being spiked with booze was a funny concept but the thing with the bearded guy not approving of alcohol and Frasier pretending to hate it too was stupid and the whole thing was way too unsubtle in how it played out and I didn't laugh once.

I also think Frasier's become too old fashioned, he was always a snob but seemed like he might also be a bit trendy and keep up with modern art and go to nice places. In the revival he's more like an antiquated snob who's more stuffy, I'd like him to have a bit more edge. 

• Moderators

I think the teaching is something they'll be able to ditch pretty easily if they want to if it becomes too confining. I think it's fine for the moment to provide an anchor.

It's really only there to give him a reason to be in Boston. David should still be able to interact with them as he's family, and Alan is his oldest friend and living in the same city so no reason he wouldn't still be about. You really only lose Olivia which isn't that a big deal. 

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Grammer's banal right-wing glurge notwithstanding, that was a good little read. Looking forward to catching the new series soon.

Episode 9 was also really good, I’m actually glad they brought the show back. The new characters are mostly very good, and David is fantastic. I really hope they get a second season, and I’m looking forward to next week when, presumably, Roz makes an appearance. I’ll miss having my weekly dose of Frasier, fingers crossed episode 10 isn’t the last time I’ll have that.

2 hours ago, RedRooster said:

Episode 9 was also really good, I’m actually glad they brought the show back. The new characters are mostly very good, and David is fantastic. I really hope they get a second season, and I’m looking forward to next week when, presumably, Roz makes an appearance. I’ll miss having my weekly dose of Frasier, fingers crossed episode 10 isn’t the last time I’ll have that.

Roz does indeed, they've even uploaded a preview clip of it.

I really enjoyed episode 8 as well. Frasier self sabotaging himself and having that allergic reaction was funny. I've really enjoyed the series, delighted to see Lilith back too, I'd love to see her more regularly without over doing it.

The final episode of this revival is next week and honesty I'd LOVE a 2nd series (Alan). It was a bit of slow burner with warm fan service but the second half the season really picked up and fleshed out more of the new players. Lyndhurst is really fun in his role. Hope the finale delivers.

Anyway, Cheers and Frasier are two of my favourite sitcoms and I rack my brain trying to define a moment I go back to constantly, but gun to my head it's Frasier scatting his way through 'Buttons and Bows' on the PBS telethon. I struggle to breathe and get the muttleys at this. Just brilliant.

• Paid Members

Just watched the finale after bingeing the whole series this week. Really picked up steam in the second half of the season and feels like the stuck the landing on the finale. Hoping for a second series as at points the whole thing felt like a warm hug from an old friend. 

• Paid Members

That final episode was really good. I think the show really picked up steam in the second half and I would like to see it keep going. If for any reason it doesn't, I think that was a really nice episode to end on.

• 2 months later...
  • Paid Members

Happy with that news. It really picked up steam towards the end of Season 1. I have high hopes for Season 2 but for goodness sake just release them all at once.

19 hours ago, FLips said:

Happy with that news. It really picked up steam towards the end of Season 1. I have high hopes for Season 2 but for goodness sake just release them all at once.

Yeah the weekly thing doesn't really work for sitcoms anymore. Drama totally get it, but nobody's waiting per week for 22 minutes