News/Current Affairs thread

Tim Healys Chutney Spoon

• Paid Members

Hmmmmm.  Not sitting right with me this one.  Never really been a conspiracy theorist, but this seems a bit too much of a perfect storm.

33 minutes ago, Thunderplex said:

Hmmmmm.  Not sitting right with me this one.  Never really been a conspiracy theorist, but this seems a bit too much of a perfect storm.

I'm sure the family of Corey Competere don't consider it 'perfect'.

I think conspiracy theories are just boring usually, but when innocent people are either dead or in a critical condition I just think they're offensive.

The American political pressure cooker has been ready to blow for 15 years and guns are readily available. It's the most obvious awful event ever, yet because Trump's come out of it looking 'good', people are reaching for conspiracies.

A dumb cunt did a dumb cunt thing, and a horrible cunt will benefit. That's all.

@Statto being a registered member of a party isn't the same as joining a party here. Lots of people register for parties, sometimes even if they don't agree with them; to vote for another candidate in primary season, to get a vote on public office holders like coroners or sheriffs, or for lots of other mundane reasons. The guy also donated a bit of money to Democrats. Its not a conspiracy. Its a dumb cunt doing dumb cunt things.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

Posted (edited)

The rhetoric being used during the election campaign probably hasn't helped rile things up. 

I believe it was Biden that said 'Trump should be in the crosshairs' and there was another comment recently by I believe Pelosi that said something like 'he cannot be president. He must be stopped'. Saying things like that in public will always get the dumb Americans would up and out and about with weapons.

Not forgetting the dumb Americans on the other side too. If everyone just calmed the fuck down it might be safer for all.

Edited by Tim Healys Chutney Spoon

6 minutes ago, Tim Healys Chutney Spoon said:

The rhetoric being used during the election campaign probably hasn't helped rile things up. 

I believe it was Biden that said 'Trump should be in the crosshairs' and there was another comment recently by I believe Pelosi that said something like 'he cannot be president. He must be stopped'. Saying things like that in public will always get the dumb Americans would up and out and about with weapons.

Not forgetting the dumb Americans on the other side too. If everyone just calmed the fuck down it might be safer for all.

We had an MP killed during the Brexit debate, and another stabbed to death in their constituency more recently.

I don't think we can throw stones at 'dumb Americans'.

Plenty of dumb to go about.

• Members
34 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

dumb cunt

35 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

dumb cunt

dumb cunt

dumb cunt

Sorry, what was that?

What's the best conspiracy theory we've had on this one? I've already seen crisis actors brought up (if Crisis Actors were real they have great agents finding regular work, very jel), but sadly no holograms yet.

47 minutes ago, Chili said:

What's the best conspiracy theory we've had on this one? I've already seen crisis actors brought up (if Crisis Actors were real they have great agents finding regular work, very jel), but sadly no holograms yet.

MV5BNjY1N2M3ZGYtOTA1Yi00ODM3LWEwZTMtZTlm

• Paid Members

The only way anything gets negotiated is face to face, and there are always photos. To refuse to shake his hand would automatically be seen as an insult and there would be no chance to negotiate anything. 

I'm pretty sure that I could put up a picture of any Labour politician stroking a cat and you'd call them a cunt Jag. 

When you govern you have to deal with everyone no matter how distasteful you find them. I agree that I'd sooner there wasn't that picture in the world but unlike you I'm not prepared to write this governments foreign policy off after 10 days. 

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

The only way anything gets negotiated is face to face, and there are always photos. To refuse to shake his hand would automatically be seen as an insult and there would be no chance to negotiate anything. 

When you govern you have to deal with everyone no matter how distasteful you find them.

I agree. But by that logic he should have met with Hamas too, no? And not just the Palestinian Authority leader.