AEW Wrestledream PPV discussion

LaGoosh

• Paid Members

Strong rumours that next year AEW will be doing 12 PPVs a year and they'll be streamed on Max. This show feels a bit like a test of whether the audience will turn out for monthly PPVs. This is 100% a B show PPV but the card looks pretty cracking:

Danielson vs Zack Sabre Jnr

Kingston vs Shibata

Hangman vs Swerve

FTR vs Aussie Open

Jericho, Omega, Ibushi vs Takeshita, Ospreay, Guevara

Christian vs Darby, 2/3 falls

Kris Statlander vs Julia Hart

Better Than You Bay Bay vs The Righteous

Lucha Bros vs Young Bucks vs OC/HOOK vs The Gunns

This Sunday! A weird mix of guaranteed bangers and Rampage level stuff. I'm sure it'll be a fun one though doesn't quite feel must see.

Also worth pointing out that the PPV theme is badass:

Edited by LaGoosh

The sooner MJF stops dicking about with the losers from ROH the better.

It feels more of a proper PPV than All Out did, that had proper B-Level stink on it going into it largely down to being a week after the Wembley show. It ended being an alright show in the end, but it certainly didn’t feel like the All Outs of previous years.

Kingston/Shitbata will be stiff as anything and I’m sure Christian will get a good match out of Darby.

FTR-Aussie Open will be the usual 15 minutes of regular tag team match followed by 10 minutes of Double Team Near Falls, and I’m probably the only person who isn’t even the slightest bit interested in Bryan/ZSJ.

I’ll watch the show of course, I always do and they might surprise me, but as the majority of shows these days, there’s definitely parts where I’ll be paying more attention than others

Edited by WyattSheepMask

As with all AEW PPVs, I'm sure this will be great, but I'm running low on leave days, so this'll be one I watch the next day while "w"fh. In the long term, I reckon they could get away with moving to 8-10 PPVs a year, but 12 will be pushing it.

Edited by 69MeDon

• Paid Members

Looks a fun card. B show pay per views from AEW might be my new favourite genre.

It’s a shame nobody takes bets on AEW pay per view results because I’d bet my house on another Will Ospreay pinfall victory. It’s mad watching someone from another company being courted so blatantly. Wouldn’t surprise me if Khan has already paid to cover up his stupid tattoo. But yeah, I’m surprised New Japan don’t seem to have a problem with Tony so obviously giving Will the world before his contract comes up. Seems an inevitability Will is going to follow in Jay White’s shoes and come in full-time early next year. Hopefully we get to see Danielson vs. Ospreay whilst the window’s still open.

I’m excited about Danielson vs. ZSJ, but I’m keeping my expectations under control after the Okada match somehow managed to disappoint.

They’re never going to trust Ibushi to do a singles match, are they? Can’t say I blame them.

Swerve vs. Hangman is the most exciting match on the card. Super fresh, super exciting to see how they work together. Hoping Swerve wins big, finally cementing him as a top guy. Plus, Hangman’s far more interesting when things aren’t going his way. I wonder if they’ll play with the Full Gear gimmick and do a rematch next month that sees Page get on the gas, eat zero carbs and return in trunks, jacked as fuck? Full gear, indeed.

I wonder if Tony will let Swerve do the Chaka Khan entrance? Big pay per view in Seattle seems the best time and place.

Rumours that Christian and Darby are going on last. On this day. I see clearly now!

17 minutes ago, Supremo said:

I’m excited about Danielson vs. ZSJ, but I’m keeping my expectations under control after the Okada match somehow managed to disappoint.

I think because I've seen them wrestle in 2008 inside a Irish pub and it's still one of the best live matches I've witnessed that I can't imagine anything other than a mind blowing display. It's definitely the one match I'm excited for the most.

1 hour ago, Supremo said:

Rumours that Christian and Darby are going on last. On this day. I see clearly now!

Christian absolutely deserves it, but whatever the plan is, I hope they don’t take the TNT title away from him this early in his run.

Edited by RedRooster

If Edge is coming in (funny alternative names I’ve seen for him include PERIMETER, BOUNDARY and RIM), I hope we don’t plunge into either a straight Edge vs Christian feud, or Edge and Christian tag run.

The novelty of Rim coming in would be seeing him mix it up with the AEW lot for a bit.

Kind of annoyed that Darby v. Christian is the main event. Some mix of Edge, Christian, Darby, Sting (maybe Wayne & Luchasaurus) after the match would be fun in any other spot, but it is a TNA level lasting image. Nothing like the potential vision of the future that Double or Nothing 2019 (Mox debut) or All Out 2021 (Cole and Danielson) both had.

1 minute ago, LaGoosh said:

It's Darby's hometown so a big main event title win in a presumably fantastic match is pretty much the perfect way to end the show.

It basically counts as Danielson and Swerve's hometown show. Darby got the big hometown title win back on 4/1. Potentially in front of a bigger crowd than will be there on Sunday. I'm sure they'd be fine he wasn't in the main event derailing another TNT title run that was rehabbing the importance of the belt (Samoa Joe's King of Television run).