AEW Wrestledream PPV discussion

LaGoosh

7 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

They'd be mad to have Christian and Darby main event if Edge isn't coming in. I'm sure Tony isn't that insane. Definitely got me interested now.

There seems to be an issue again online, with people being unable to separate their subjective feelings on Edge with the objective fact that he’s a big name and a huge deal for AEW.

Signing fucking Edge is a huge statement for their present, as it says they’re not just for the misfits or underused. He’s as WWE as they come, one of Vince’s favourites and probably what? In the Top Ten of WWE main eventers in the last 15 years? (In terms of name, positioning, importance to the company). Maybe higher?

He’s arguably John Cena’s biggest rival, which alone speaks to his stature.

It’s maybe slightly disappointing they’re going to bring him in and stick him with Christian, when the novelty would be seeing him with the AEW boyz, but this is a huge deal for AEW. He slots nicely into the CM Punk slot, with much less drama. His matches might not be SEVEN STARS but they don’t really need that from him. Him just being there is good for them.

I think Edge/Omega could absolutely bang, though.

• Paid Members
37 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

They'd be mad to have Christian and Darby main event if Edge isn't coming in. I'm sure Tony isn't that insane. Definitely got me interested now.

What main events if not them, though? Maybe Swerve/Hangman, but then you have the weird dynamic of the hometown guy being the heel.

If Edge is coming in, I think it would be more glaring to not have him interact with Christian straight off the bat, you'd need to keep them really artificially separated. I've always rated them more as a team than singles guys (though Christian is doing his best work right now), and I think the money is an E&C retirement run over Edge singles matches in AEW - a final match with the Hardys, first time ever with the Young Bucks, then finishing up against FTR feels like the best bet, and depending how long Edge is planning on still wrestling, they can fit in plenty of other first-time matches around all of that.

• Paid Members
26 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

There seems to be an issue again online, with people being unable to separate their subjective feelings on Edge with the objective fact that he’s a big name and a huge deal for AEW.

While I get your point, I don't like this idea of telling fans they should be excited about something because it might be big for business. "Just think of the metrics! He's gonna pop that 18-35 HUUUGE". 

I reserve the right to be underwhelmed by Edge coming in, in the same way I wouldn't be too bothered about Goldberg or probably Orton if they jumped, and didn't want Bray. 

All that said, I hope it goes great and some exciting stuff happens if he does come in, I'm just underwhelmed by the prospect. 

11 minutes ago, gmoney said:

While I get your point, I don't like this idea of telling fans they should be excited about something because it might be big for business. "Just think of the metrics! He's gonna pop that 18-35 HUUUGE". 

I reserve the right to be underwhelmed by Edge coming in, in the same way I wouldn't be too bothered about Goldberg or probably Orton if they jumped, and didn't want Bray. 

All that said, I hope it goes great and some exciting stuff happens if he does come in, I'm just underwhelmed by the prospect. 

Absolutely spot on. You reserve that right to be personally disappointed.

That’s not really my point.

It’s people saying that it should happen in the mid-card, or that they shouldn’t bother bringing him in, or whatever else.

That’s the disconnect between the subjective and objective.

You can not like someone and still see that it’s a big deal for the company and other people will like it. Minimising it because you personally don’t care for him makes no sense. It’s fucking Edge. Some people won’t like him, some will, but it’s still a main event talent heading over to AEW.

They’d be mad not to make a big deal out of it. Or put him in the midcard. Or whatever other nonsense I’ve read elsewhere.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

2 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Are these the same people who have no feelings on all the sex pests or a bloke who politicked for his actual nonce mate  to get a booking on a show he was on though? They’re garbage people who should be dismissed as such.