AEW Wrestledream PPV discussion

LaGoosh

1 hour ago, Thunderplex said:

Highlight for me was Prince Naan doing a happy dance round the ring.  Such a dick, cracks me up.

He should be managing Curry Man!

Adam Copeland for CM Punk is a definite upgrade.

Christian Cage is one of the safest hands that's ever wrestled and even HD couldn't make that steps spot look anything but a license to cripple.  I dunno if they were originally going for a suplex onto the top of it but it was too far away from the ring, but both those bumps onto the steps were ridiculous.  Very cool but I'd be happy to never see anyone do that again to be honest.

29 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Sting looking like he couldn’t be arsed

Yeah, what was that all about.  He didn't seem to want to be there at all.  He looks banged up to be honest.

--

Too much ROH and Japanese imports with little build-up but the AEW bits were fun.

Edited by Loki

Look at these two waiting in the wings to Slugworth Edge's heat:

spacer.png

"Great to see you here! You like Bret too, right? How do you feel about Rated FTR? We got a lovely little thing going down on Saturday nights, number 4 in the demos!" 

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, Gay as FOOK said:

Look at these two waiting in the wings to Slugworth Edge's heat:

In fairness, one of them is TAFKA Edge's next-door neighbour and they trained together extensively for Edge's return in 2020 (it's featured heavily on one of those Network docs that will presumably now be suspiciously difficult to find on there) so for once they probably have a good reason to be watching and cheering on their mate. 

6 minutes ago, mim731 said:

In fairness, one of them is TAFKA Edge's next-door neighbour and they trained together extensively for Edge's return in 2020 (it's featured heavily on one of those Network docs that will presumably now be suspiciously difficult to find on there) so for once they probably have a good reason to be watching and cheering on their mate. 

Looking forward to the RATED-FTR 6 man matches on Collision. He’s covering so many of the bases Punk was supposed to have covered, they should just call him CM-DAD ROCK and have done with it.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

Edge putting out a 4 tweet essay to tell people to stop being fucking weirdos about wrestling companies is fantastic. Edge has always been one of my all time favourites, E&C my all time favourite Tag Team so to see them spend their last few years back together is brilliant. Whether Edges body holds up is another matter. He's had a bad run of injuries since coming out of retirement.

Anyways, Christian and Darby was fan-fucking-tastic. Christian getting the turtle neck pulled over his head made me genuinely laugh.

Just look at this dork, magical. He can do no wrong.

Screenshot_20231002_210317_X.jpg

Edited by Nick James

5 hours ago, RedRooster said:

For example - Julia Hart is on a 28-match winning streak. Brilliant, good for her. But why is she chasing after the TBS title and not the main women's title?

That one was about Statlander. She had been Julia's first match in AEW and in their 2nd encounter the last loss before the 28 match streak. It was the first time facing each other since joining the House of Black, where she has supposedly grown and was an attempt at showing that by avenging those previous losses.

44 minutes ago, Nick James said:

Whether Edges body holds up is another matter. He's had a bad run of injuries since coming out of retirement.

That did cross my mind, especially since he's said he'll be there every week and that he'll wrestle regularly. 

45 minutes ago, Nick James said:

Anyways, Christian and Darby was fan-fucking-tastic. Christian getting the turtle neck pulled over his head made me genuinely laugh.

Christian is just superb. I think you could quite easily make a case for him being AEW's greatest import from WWE. Everything Tony Khan said about him when he joined the company has been proven to be true. Alongside Roman Reigns, he's the best heel in wrestling at this moment. Edge or no Edge, he deserved to main event this show. 

Good show but I zoned out multiple times, especially during multi-matches. Probably should have skipped Zero Hour.

Loved Danielson Vs. ZSJ. 

With the 'title shot at any time' graphic, I was hoping for some MITB style shit housing, from The Bucks. Hopefully they take the belts because I'm sick of FTR. 

Enjoyed the match but not a fan of MJF going over The Righteous, which is what I feared happening. 

TBS match was fine. 

Swerve Vs. Page was really good but just don't care about either of them, at this point. 

Starks Vs. Yuta was Collision worthy at best. 

God bless Mox. 

Was Fenix genuinely injured? 

Cracking main event. Christian Cage is the man and goofy video aside, a great debut from Copeland. 

Great turn from Wayne, which his mother sold like a pro. 

3 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

With the 'title shot at any time' graphic, I was hoping for some MITB style shit housing, from The Bucks. Hopefully they take the belts because I'm sick of FTR.

When that was brought up I figured its just to stretch it out to Full Gear. "Here FTR you win at Wembley, we'll win in our own backyard."