Best and worst fictitious bands

SuperBacon

• Paid Members

I'm on a Music League thing (app where you nominate songs on a theme every week, and then everyone votes for the best), and as it happens this week's theme has been fictitious bands.

The songs have to be on Spotify, so I couldn't go with my first choice - The Venus In Furs from Velvet Goldmine - and after briefly considering picking "Cheese & Onions" by The Rutles, I went with Dr. Teeth & The Electric Mayhem.

2 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I guess Chef from south park doesn't count given it's Isaac Hayes, but chocolate salty balls is still a banger. 

Fond memories of buying that CD single in Virgin Megastore, Kingston in my Beefcake Cartman hat, and my They Killed Kenny t-shirt. 

Apt store for that purchase.

50 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Fond memories of buying that CD single in Virgin Megastore, Kingston in my Beefcake Cartman hat, and my They Killed Kenny t-shirt. 

Apt store for that purchase.

Because it was mega to the max?

4 minutes ago, SpiritOfTheForest said:

Worthwhile mention to UKFF favourite Chemical Toilet as well.

Preferred their latter stuff with Dennis as frontman, and a reminder as always that HE was responsible for the Dayman melody and chorus. Charlie getting all the credit* really winds me up 🤣

*doesn't happen. All in my head.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Same with The Commitments. But they started off fictional and became real, that does change them being fictional originally 

The Monkees too, I think?

• Paid Members
52 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

The Monkees too, I think?

The Monkees are a manufactured band who were marketed through the TV show.

@BomberPatDo the Rutles not go onto the list of fictional bands who ended up taking on a life of their own?

What about The Blues Brothers? That supergroup they go up against, The Louisiana Gator Boys,  at the end of Blues Brothers 2000 is the best bit of the movie. 

19 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

think it's actually Olivia Cooke

Just when I didn't think I could fancy her anymore.

A mention for Tenacious D, and that period neatly 20 years ago when we all sort of pretended that they were good. They weren't. They are shit. But I do love Jack Black.

Also, can we include Flight Of The Conchords? Well I am.

Edit: Forgot how much this one makes me laugh. 

Edited by SuperBacon