Best and worst fictitious bands

SuperBacon

• Paid Members

Sex-Bob-omb? They make me feel sad and think aboyut death and stuff.

Also fond of The Shitz from Belgica.

1 hour ago, wordsfromlee said:

Growing up I loved a bit of Zack Attack from Saved By The Bell.

saved-by-the-bell-cast-zack-attack.jpg

I'm also partial to Barry Jive & The Uptown Five (formally known as Sonic Death Monkey, soon to be known as The Kathleen Turner Overdrive).

This is an example of the very worst trope, where the young characters of an existing show suddenly decide they're going to become a band, and it just so happens they can all sing decently and each learn an instrument in no time at all.

Doesn't matter so much on an already silly show like Saved by the Bell, but insufferable in soaps or other dramas that want to be down with the kidz.

• Paid Members

Didn't the Saved By The Bell kids have a band called The Five Aces as well?

Also, it appears there's a fake bands wiki, because of course there is. https://fakebands.com/wiki/index.php?title=The_Five_Aces

The Folksmen were pretty good as well.

Edited by jazzygeofferz

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Didn't the Saved By The Bell kids have a band called The Five Aces as well?

Also, it appears there's a fake bands wiki, because of course there is. https://fakebands.com/wiki/index.php?title=The_Five_Aces

The Folksmen were pretty good as well.

Eat at oes is a line sung that was completely burned into my brain even though I’ve probably not watched A Mighty Wind in 15 years. Something about Harry Shearer's delivery. 

• Paid Members

Dr. Fünke's 100% Natural Good-Time Family Band Solution.

IMG_1097.webp.1498bfe4b5c20acff20c981bf21dba0a.webp

“There’s no I in Teamocil, at least not where you’d think…” 🎵 

Good wholesome stuff the whole family can enjoy.

The real answer however is King Thunder from Quantum Leap. Many times over the last ten years have I wished Rock The Redhead was available on Spotify or more recently Apple Music.

https://youtu.be/xHT2Ppt7B4Y

May have been hummed daily by me during a previous crush on, umm, a redhead.

9 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Spinal Tap are the greatest. With The Beets, Sex Bob-omb, The Wonders and Orange Organics for me as a top 5.

Mouse Rat were pretty shit.

I kind of feel Spinal Tap pretty much became a real band. They played all their own music, released a few albums, toured and even had a signiture guitar. Bad News recorded some stuff recorded but they didn't tour, I'd possibly count them.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, westlondonmist said:

I kind of feel Spinal Tap pretty much became a real band. They played all their own music, released a few albums, toured and even had a signiture guitar. Bad News recorded some stuff recorded but they didn't tour, I'd possibly count them.

Same with The Commitments. But they started off fictional and became real, that does change them being fictional originally