Best and worst fictitious bands

SuperBacon

• Paid Members

If they do real tours are they a real band? I was never happier than when I missed England losing to Belgium in the 2018 World Cup because I went to see Conchords.

• Paid Members

Concords and Tenacious D aren’t fictional bands, they were bands who got TV Shows off the back of it. @Carbomb The Monkees are an interesting one, but I’d say not fictional. They were put together, manufactured if you will, and the TV show was part of that process (see S Club 7 as a more modern take).

Just now, Hannibal Scorch said:

They were put together, manufactured if you will, and the TV show was part of that process (see S Club 7 as a more modern take).

This is why I didn't select North & South as the worst as I thought they were made in the same way for No Sweat.

1 hour ago, air_raid said:

If they do real tours are they a real band? I was never happier than when I missed England losing to Belgium in the 2018 World Cup because I went to see Conchords.

My thread, my rules. They're in. 

Flight Of The Conchords started before the TV show, but they're a "fictional" band in the TV show.

Too many mother uckers ucking my shiiii.

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

My thread, my rules. They're in. 

Flight Of The Conchords started before the TV show, but they're a "fictional" band in the TV show.

Too many mother uckers ucking my shiiii.

How are they a fictional band in their own show about the band?

I think the Conchords we see with the real life albums and tours don't count, but the version the people in the show see do. Therefore you can only count songs like 'Rock The Party', 'Femident Toothpaste', 'Rap (Is Not Very Good)', 'I Love Dogs With Epilepsy' etc. Basically, all the songs that Mel loves.

28 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

I think the Conchords we see with the real life albums and tours don't count, but the version the people in the show see do. Therefore you can only count songs like 'Rock The Party', 'Femident Toothpaste', 'Rap (Is Not Very Good)', 'I Love Dogs With Epilepsy' etc. Basically, all the songs that Mel loves.

Did Bret, You Got It Going On first appear in the show? 

Bret at the end with his "Let me see the lyrics" always cracks me up. Sorry with his "Lut muh suh thuh luhrucs" 

• Paid Members
51 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Meta.

As a consequence, Chris Jericho previously pretending Mongoose McQueen was his favourite frontman e.g. that they aren't the same person instantly makes Fozzy my nomination for Worst Fictional Band ever.

4 hours ago, gmoney said:

Hangman's Joke from The Crow has to be one of the worst. Certainly one of the worst names. 

That scene where - halfway through his night of bloody revenge - Crow Sting himself takes some time out to start shredding guitar in the pissing rain on the roof of his old apartment building never fails to pop me though. 

Great thread!

Couple of songs that stay in my mind from fictional bands/artists.

First is Ming Tea by Austin Powers & Band - 

I always sing that whilst making the missus a cuppa.

The band from the most recent A Star Is Born were pretty rocking too - this is Black Eyes - 

Finally, the utterly ridiculous Nashville series had some genuinely great songs in the first season -