• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Infinity Land said:

Meltzer rates this thread 3.75 stars unless you're accessing it from the Tokyo Dome wi-fi which adds another star..

Only because Kenny Omega isn't involved.

Needle mover etc. Makes you think the length of the segment wasn't too bad really if they were expecting people to channel hop on to it - which they obviously did. Not very often you can discuss segments like that these days, in terms of how they're structured to perform on the first time broadcast. 3m + for a Smackdown segment is crazy business these days. 

That belt's going to be on him for awhile yet. 

• Paid Members

I'm not arsed myself about ratings as a metric these days but if people want to celebrate something doing a decent number, it needs to be quantified better than "in recent memory" to mean anything.

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, David said:

I'm just shocked that people still watch wrestling live on traditional television, never mind "channel hopping" during the show like they're part of a skit on MTV or something.

I hear ya. Imagine not being able to fast forward Roman's 20 minute entrance on a Friday night? Or skip through a Saraya and Ruby Soho promo on Wednesday? Life's too short for that shit. 

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, air_raid said:

I'm not arsed myself about ratings as a metric these days but if people want to celebrate something doing a decent number, it needs to be quantified better than "in recent memory" to mean anything.

In the Wrestling-Online Newsletter they also said: "Dave Meltzer of the Observer also added that last week's Smackdown topped all of network television for the whole week, something that has never been done before in the history of professional wrestling."

More from the WON:

> COLLISION RATING
- Collision this past Saturday drew 580,000 viewers, up 128,000 viewers from the prior week with a main event of CM Punk vs Samoa Joe. The show drew a 0.21 rating in the 18-49 demo, up 0.08 from last week and placed #5 on the chart. (Ratings credit: Wrestlenomics)

> RAMPAGE RATING
- The 100th episode of Rampage drew 368,000 viewers, down 82,000 viewers from the prior week. The show drew a 0.12 rating, down 0.01 from last week and was pushed hard, even with The Elite wrestling in the main event. (Ratings credit: Wrestlenomics)

• 3 months later...