• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members
15 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Even the TV ratings were static after him debuting. Just seems an absolute waste of money.

There are a lot of factors related to Saturday night TV ratings for Collision. WWE running PLE's, and college football to name but two very obvious ones. There can be no dispute though that after Tony K made his announcement on Collision that Punk had been fired 19% of the audience changed channel. 

https://itrwrestling.com/news/aew-collision-lost-viewers-after-cm-punk/

Now maybe that's not all Punk, but for you to claim he only kept ratings static looks like very shaky ground Scorchers. 

31 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

There are a lot of factors related to Saturday night TV ratings for Collision. WWE running PLE's, and college football to name but two very obvious ones. There can be no dispute though that after Tony K made his announcement on Collision that Punk had been fired 19% of the audience changed channel. 

Now maybe that's not all Punk, but for you to claim he only kept ratings static looks like very shaky ground Scorchers. 

Going by that link it says 19% (89k) tuned out as soon as the CM Punk announcement was made. Then has a hyperlink crediting Wrestlenomics. Which goes here.

With no mention of quarter hours or minute by minutes which would be the more important bit to this.

As you say a lot can factor into ratings and the Q1-Q2 dip with AEW is almost always significant. As seen here where with an even greater percentage and total viewer loss than the Punk announcement.

-------------------

The 19% drop and 89k tuning out does seem to come from the quarter hours rather than minute by minute.

Edited by Infinity Land

• Paid Members
33 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Let’s look at the bigger picture here

IMG_2456.thumb.png.d77694425c59a7d4c5aeb2cb5b28f9a8.png

Ratings with Punk were all over the place. They dropped 67k from their lowest show with Punk involved on the announcement, but they bounced back to the average not that soon after. Saturday is an awful night for viewership. It’s why the major networks don’t schedule their big shows then. And yes, with the PLE, TNA PPV’s and the main challenger, college sports they are always going to be pretty light, but if that was the expectation from WBD I’m sure they aren’t too worried.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

that was the expectation from WBD I’m sure they aren’t too worried.

If you want to talk about the expectation of WBD then let's have it. The only reason AEW got a Saturday night show was that WBD wanted Punk to be the face of it. That's how the deal got done. Tony had to go to Punk and set up him working Saturday's on a show with people he liked. I'm sure it was a massive bollock ache for Tony, having to deal with all the fragile egos, not just Punk but others as well. Tony's life would have been much easier without having to put Punk on Collision, and Punk would be still sat home stroking his dog without that initial incistence from WBD. Its probably fair to say that without Punk there is no Collision, and without WBD the current WWE comeback never happens. A real sliding doors moment. 

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Might get my daughter that cat for Christmas.

Delivery by march if it’s coming from China.

@Lion_of_the_Midlandsyou’re not wrong in that Collision exists mostly because of CM Punk although talk of another Saturday show was being touted way before brawl out and apparently Tony Khan wasn’t interested. Obviously this gave a reason for that to happen. But for Punk who claimed to be close with the head guy at WBD, I guarantee he was expecting different ratings to what they got. But the proof is there, that at least from live viewership Punk wasn’t having a great impact with him being the face of Saturday night.

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

although talk of another Saturday show was being touted way before brawl out and apparently Tony Khan wasn’t interested.

Maybe TK put his business hat on and thought the best way to get some money back on Punk's contract was to have him work Saturdays. Not an unreasonable thought when working with normal humans, but when working with Pippi Brooks it was a foolish chance to take. 

39 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

So you've chosen 17th of November, which was when they were moved to Friday to make your point Infinitony. I don't imagine been on a different night opposite Smackers had anything to do with their drop do you. 

I know you've got your deluded little fantasies about me and keep preserving with your pet name for me. I'd keep workshopping that by the way its not catching on. Keith Houchen at least has it down to a fine art by trying to be insulting.

but its really not what you think.

Went on twitter searched for 'Collision Quarter Hours' sorted by latest. In terms on non-paywalled articles popped up with 25/11/2023 which showed a 5% drop from Q1-Q2 319-301. Not  upto the 19% and total viewerships on its arse to even get near the 89k. Then the very next graph available was 17/11/2023 with no day of the week shown on the graph or in the text of the tweet to say it was a different day or moved. Which you can see from the 10/09/2023 tweet from Wrestlenomics they tend to highlight pre-emptions or something that might impact ratings. So I didn't have to look any further for an example to say that a 19% drop and 89k isn't some massive outlier.

I then went looking for the Quarter Hours for the Collision where Punk's firing was made to see if 19% and 89k were Q1-Q2 numbers. Which they were. Which is why we really need to know the minute by minutes.

Sorry my mind doesn't work like a calendar.

8 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

I know you've got your deluded little fantasies about me and keep preserving with your pet name for me. I'd keep workshopping that by the way its not catching on. Keith Houchen at least has it down to a fine art by trying to be insulting.

but its really not what you think.

Went on twitter searched for 'Collision Quarter Hours' sorted by latest. In terms on non-paywalled articles popped up with 25/11/2023 which showed a 5% drop from Q1-Q2 319-301. Not  upto the 19% and total viewerships on its arse to even get near the 89k. Then the very next graph available was 17/11/2023 with no day of the week shown on the graph or in the text of the tweet to say it was a different day or moved. Which you can see from the 10/09/2023 tweet from Wrestlenomics they tend to highlight pre-emptions or something that might impact ratings. So I didn't have to look any further for an example to say that a 19% drop and 89k isn't some massive outlier.

I then went looking for the Quarter Hours for the Collision where Punk's firing was made to see if 19% and 89k were Q1-Q2 numbers. Which they were. Which is why we really need to know the minute by minutes.

Sorry my mind doesn't work like a calendar.

This is quite a good promo.