• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

While you are not wrong, WWE do the same and they are only pulling in 6-8000 on average in similar sized venues for TV, and yet not as noticeable.

1 hour ago, LaGoosh said:

Really? I was under the impression Smackdown was pulling 10-11,000 a week?

You're both right. Over the last four months Raw has usually brought in 6-9000 and SmackDown has usually brought in 10-13,000, aside from Raw going a bit spiky in Washington 13/11 (about 10,000) and Nashville on 27th (10,500) which was Punk's first Raw back.

2 hours ago, air_raid said:

You're both right. Over the last four months Raw has usually brought in 6-9000 and SmackDown has usually brought in 10-13,000, aside from Raw going a bit spiky in Washington 13/11 (about 10,000) and Nashville on 27th (10,500) which was Punk's first Raw back.

So this being the needle nonce thread, that means Reigns is a draw?

• 3 months later...
  • Paid Members

Re : Brawl In footage ;

4 minutes ago, Factotum said:

It will pop a rating, but it was all very desperate Bischoff in late 98.

Will it? Or do AEW fans prefer good wrestling matches to petty bullshit? I can't wait* to find out if it makes an actual difference.

* By which I mean, I'm mildly interested. I do have a life.

6 minutes ago, air_raid said:

Will it? Or do AEW fans prefer good wrestling matches to petty bullshit? I can't wait* to find out if it makes an actual difference.

I think a lot of people who might not watch it regularly will have tuned in for the segment through curiosity. Not talking huge numbers but I imagine it will be up from the last few weeks.

Problem is there's no real pay off with this.

• Paid Members

Surely the days of tuning it out of curiosity for a segment like that are long dead? If the only thing I wanted to see was the CM Punk footage, and just for it's own sake rather than wondering how they incorporated it into a storyline, I wouldn't go out of my way to tune into Dynamite for it, I'd wait until it inevitably showed up on YouTube or social media.

1 hour ago, BomberPat said:

Surely the days of tuning it out of curiosity for a segment like that are long dead? 

Yeah I'd go so far as to say if they see a slight increase or decrease for the show it'll probably be completely arbitrary rather than circumstantial, despite how people will analyse it. 

There'd need to be a significant jump for any of this to have meant anything, I think.