Who are the greatest band from Britain?

Butch2000

• Paid Members

Peter Gabriel, who I can count as a band if we're allowed to count just Chas from Chas and Dave like that poster on here a while back that had Earth, Wind and Fire all as seperate acts.

Edited by FelatioLips

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, Gay as FOOK said:

It's Suede. 

This is best band not least fun to be a member of. Suede always look like every morning Brett sits on a hessian stool and the others take it in turns to read out a poem that they've written the night before at Brett's command. 

• Paid Members
41 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said:

Wizzard. The band Slade could've been.

To be fair, 'How Does It Feel' is one of the all-time best rock songs.

Roy Wood is one of the best this country has produced. Breadth of his work is incredible, involved in all sorts you forget he had a part in.

27 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

This is best band not least fun to be a member of. Suede always look like every morning Brett sits on a hessian stool and the others take it in turns to read out a poem that they've written the night before at Brett's command. 

I've read his books and you'd be right. 

Although he does recount a brilliant story of his dad - a classical music fanatic - being up in court once and insisting on eschewing the Bible in favour of swearing on a copy of Franz Liszt's biography. 

Edit: Oh and my nomination for that category would be any number of people who have had to work with Ritchie Blackmore! 

Edited by Gay as FOOK