Who are the greatest band from Britain?

Butch2000

7 minutes ago, Butch2000 said:

If you mentioned just Chas you might have had an outside chance as he was part of the first British group to top the American charts, but you threw Dave in and fucked it.

Butter my arse, turns out Chas Hodges was only in the Outlaws and not the Tornados.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Butch2000 said:

If you mentioned just Chas you might have had an outside chance as he was part of the first British group to top the American charts, but you threw Dave in and fucked it.

Their work as session musicians was legendary and also some of the most fun gigs I’ve ever been to. Complete all rounders those 2.

• Paid Members

Saw Slade about five years ago (without Noddy, obviously). They all looked knackered. Dave Hill had one move - he'd put one foot a stool and sort of wiggle his arse round and then put his foot back down again. He did this at least 30 times during the show to no reaction. It was seated, which seems wrong for a band like Slade, but the average age of the crowd was about 90. Some people did manage to stand up for Cum on Feel the Noize.

I think Jazzy is on to something. Mark E Smith reading the classified results could be considered the greatest song ever to come out of this barren land.

Edited by Gus Mears

1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Their work as session musicians was legendary and also some of the most fun gigs I’ve ever been to. Complete all rounders those 2.

Eminem wouldn't have gotten anywhere without their work on "My Name Is".

Anyway, it's Napalm Death.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I saw them live once and it was a heck of a time. There's a Chas & Dave tribute on at the Lancashire Hotpots' Big Bash this December. 

Do Queen count, or is Freddy Mercury disqualified for being born in Zanzibar?