CM Punk chat

LaGoosh

4 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Sure I have. I heard of it when I read that tweet.

Doesn’t mean it doesn’t look a wake at a working man’s club in Warrington.

You won’t get many conservative associations in a North West WMC. Or in any WMC’s that I’ve ever frequented.

What astounds me is how TK has absolutely no control here and even less balls. If its true Perry ignored orders not to do stupid shit, he should be fired. There must be order and consequences, otherwise people will run riot. 

He needs to tell Punk to wind his neck in, keep to himself and don't interfere in other people's BS. And he needs to send a message to the roster, if you fuck about and go against what I want, you are done..

He won't though, because he doesn't seem to have the guts to put his foot down. 

If Perry tried that shit in WWE he wouldnt last two mins. 

Sadly Punk thinks he is the AEW version of the Undertaker re discipline, which would be fine if anyone had an ounce of respect for him.

The whole thing is a mess. Just bin them both, this isn't going to lead to anything but a toxic, demoralised roster. 

• Paid Members

Punk's been suspended twice, and fined at least once. Short of firing him, what else is TK supposed to do? 

Perry was obviously given the go-ahead to use glass at All In, because the alternative is that the company didn't know that the limo they had booked to be driven on to the stage and fought upon wasn't going to be used for that spot, which would be ridiculous. So where is Jack Perry "ignoring orders" about that spot?

Whatever about his morals or mentality but this notion that Tony Khan's somehow a bad promoter who can't hack the business because Punk's been doing his Fightin' Round The World gimmick again is one of the worst takes of the year. Being the primary decision maker behind a promotion that put 80,000 in Wembley makes him a better promoter than a few scuffles backstage makes him a bad promoter.

If AEW were a publicly traded company answerable to a board of shareholders, they'd have been creaming themselves over the weekend. Nobody would be asking "Yeah that's great and all but we read in the sheets one of the boys was throwing punches?" 

I know it's a weird tribalism that's mostly just an artefact of social media, but it's almost like people don't realise how good we have it now. There was a time when the number two in North America was a bunch of good ol' boys hustling Dixie Carter, struggling to put 1,500 paid into armoury halls for its WrestleMania. 

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, Gay as FOOK said:

Whatever about his morals or mentality but this notion that Tony Khan's somehow a bad promoter who can't hack the business because Punk's been doing his Fightin' Round The World gimmick again is one of the worst takes of the year. Being the primary decision maker behind a promotion that put 80,000 in Wembley makes him a better promoter than a few scuffles backstage makes him a bad promoter.

Has anyone said he's a bad promoter because of this? I've said he's a bad manager, but that isn't the same thing at all. 

14 minutes ago, gmoney said:

Has anyone said he's a bad promoter because of this? I've said he's a bad manager, but that isn't the same thing at all. 

Yeah I've seen numerous takes like this out there in the wild. 

I'm not even sure he's a bad manager considering we don't know the outcome of this yet and elsewhere he seems to be really well liked by most of the rest of the talent/staff. This situation could definitely be the one to define that though. 

• Paid Members

I think Tony needs to look at the team of people he's put in charge to be dealing with shit like this, so he doesn't have to more than anything. I called him out earlier in this thread for having no bollocks to sort it out, BUT, he can't be everywhere, all the time, where he's micromanaging the talent to the letter. 

Maybe the criticism for Tony should be that he is wearing too many hats and when stuff like this keeps happening, he needs better underlings or chain of command. Or maybe he needs to stop little pricks backstage going running to Sean Ross Sapp or whoever the flavour of the month is this time. 

I dunno, I don't think anyone is coming out of this situation looking great. Another absolutely phenomenal show, overshadowed by backstage politics. 

All Out last year, Wardlows crowning moment and now All In, all marred in controversy due to backstage shite. Shame.