Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted

Absolutely the right call. I argued he shouldn’t have been brought back in the first place after the last All In, but honestly thought/hoped that him returning was because they could find a way of making it work. Giving him his own show and right to ban performers was not it, and I’m glad I was at Wembley for his last match. One of the best of his AEW tenure, but good riddance. 

I suppose there will be NDAs in place on both sides but he can go back to WWE now and get his Mania main event on which ever night Roman doesn’t want.

  • Paid Members
Posted

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survivor_Series_(2023)

Quote

The event will take place on Saturday, November 25, 2023, at the Allstate Arena in the Chicago suburb of Rosemont, Illinois, marking the third Survivor Series to be held at this arena after the 1989 and 2019 events.

Just sayin'.

For reals though, this is absolutely the right call for all parties. However you want to slice it, it just ain't working any more. The guy seems incapable of staying happy in wrestling. I truly hope he finds a way.

  • Paid Members
Posted

He had a pretty bloody good send off. It's always a shame when someone so talented is so volitle. I get the sense he'll look back on the last couple of years and have learned nothing about his own toxic behaviour, will only look at how he was wronged and not how he reacted. I doubt we'll see him in WWE, he seemed quite happy not bothering with wrestling before for years,and I can't see Trips wanting to upset the apple cart with someone I'm pretty sure he thinks is a massive hooting wanker. 

Posted (edited)

It's shit from an on screen standpoint because I've always been a big fan of his work and I've enjoyed the stuff he's done in AEW, but something had to give. The guy was making the entire locker room a toxic place to be and while the lot of them have been childish, he is the common denominator. 

I imagine that's him done anyway because he's burnt his bridges with everyone. Wembley against Joe wasn't a bad way for him to go out. 

Edited by AndyUK
  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

For a lot of the talent, this must feel like the end of Return of the Jedi. At long last! Balance has been restored!

Backstage promos on tonight’s Collision should just feature lads being allowed into the building. Christopher Daniels. Hangman Page. Ziggler’s brother.

I was already excited to see what an AEW In Your House pay per view was going to look like tomorrow night. But now? When the roster will have something to prove? I can’t wait. Imagine the motivation Kenny Omega feels like right now, wrestling Takeshita in a pay per view main event. They’re going to tear the fucking house down. Probably with a Go To Sleep finish.

Edited by Supremo
  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Supremo said:

I was already excited to see what an AEW In Your House pay per view was going to look like tomorrow night. But now? When the roster will have something to prove? I can’t wait. Imagine the motivation Kenny Omega feels like right now, wrestling Takeshita in a pay per view main event. They’re going to tear the fucking house down. Probably with a Go To Sleep finish.

I find this sort of attitude weird. You think he was going to dog it before, but now he's chuffed someone's been fired he's gonna strap a rocket to his arse? 

Edited by gmoney
  • Paid Members
Posted
2 minutes ago, Supremo said:

For a lot of the talent, this must feel like the end of Return of the Jedi. At long last! Balance has been restored!

Backstage promos on tonight’s Collision should just feature lads being allowed into the building. Christopher Daniels. Hangman Page. Ziggler’s brother.

I was already excited to see what an AEW In Your House pay per view was going to look like tomorrow night. But now? When the roster will have something to prove? I can’t wait. Imagine the motivation Kenny Omega feels like right now, wrestling Takeshita in a pay per view main event. They’re going to tear the fucking house down. Probably with a Go To Sleep finish.

Justin Roberts putting an extra bit of oomph on all the introductions. Beautiful.

Looking forward to the tournament for the vacant "Real Worlds Championship".

  • Paid Members
Posted
2 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

Justin Roberts putting an extra bit of oomph on all the introductions. Beautiful.

 

He'll be sexting a extra couple of 15 year olds tonight, that's for sure. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
12 minutes ago, gmoney said:

I can't see Trips wanting to upset the apple cart with someone I'm pretty sure he thinks is a massive hooting wanker.

While I see your point, don't forget that Triple H did hire the guy who literally sledgehammered a throne with his own logo on it live on PPV, and has booked him to lose exactly twice since then.

  • Paid Members
Posted

That CCTV footage must have been pretty damning for TK to be confident enough to fire Punk without worrying about him siccing his lawyers on him for wrongful termination. This was inevitable anyway, Punk seems to be a bit of a headcase. They should never have brought him back from suspension the first time. 

I'm sure Collision will be fine, Punk basically made up 20 minutes of TV per week and AEW has plenty of guys who can fill that slot.

I'm dreading the inevitable Punk shoot where ofcourse everyone else is to blame and the endless tedious discourse around it.

Can't imagine WWE will be keen to bring in someone who was recently fired for attacking co-workers. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
8 minutes ago, gmoney said:

I find this sort of attitude weird. You think he was going to dog it before, but now he's chuffed someone's been fired he's gonna strap a rocket to his arse? 

I just imagine everyone will have an extra bit of motivation to get the ball rolling again and start building some new momentum now this nonsense is finally in the rear view mirror. If nothing else, they’ll probably be excited to put on a performance that won’t be completely overshadowed post-show by a backstage scrap.

Would be extremely tempting to do a light-out-lights-on with Jack Perry though. I know you shouldn’t reward that type of behaviour, but still. Would make for a wild moment.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...