Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
14 minutes ago, quote the raven said:

Just take the punk money and sign Ospray. Bruv.

The show wont miss punk in ring work. Lets be honest most of us watched for the meltdown that was always coming anyway. 

 

 

And save a bit to give MJF a contract for life

Posted
4 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

If this isn't a work then what's the point.

I think the ‘point’ might be removing a volatile member of the roster who didn’t respect authority, and ‘threatened the life’ of his boss.

At this point, I’m not sure what value there’d be in it being a work. Does anyone want to see a Punk vs Tony Khan feud?

Posted
56 minutes ago, 69MeDon said:

I haven't seen that sentiment anywhere here (other than the "he's a billionaire, therefore he is a bad person" which is true).

It turns out I was mistaking the Facebook comment section, for here, which is my mistake, and evidence I shouldn’t post early in the morning 

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

At this point, I’m not sure what value there’d be in it being a work. Does anyone want to see a Punk vs Tony Khan feud?

Urgh, if this is a work and goes all mid-00s shooty bollocks with Punk doing "run ins" from the crowd, I will 100% be done with AEW. That shite can get in the bin. 

I can't imagine it is a work tbf, just to clarify. 

Edited by mim731
Clarification
  • Paid Members
Posted
58 minutes ago, mim731 said:

Urgh, if this is a work and goes all mid-00s shooty bollocks with Punk doing "run ins" from the crowd, I will 100% be done with AEW. That shite can get in the bin. 

To think this is very nearly what everyone wishes they'd done with punk in 2011.

I'm not the biggest fan of his work, not my bag, but I can appreciate how good he is when he his at his best. That said is there anyone he doesn't either piss off or grind down? Not that WWE or AEW management are blameless but from all you hear over the years he's up there with mid 90s Shawn for being an unbearable cunt to deal with, which is funny given he's such a Hart fanboy.

Posted

Does Punk have heat with anybody in WWE that would prohibit him from potentially going there? I know Rollins called him a 'cancer' but who knows if that was a work or not and Rollins had heat with Riddle but they could both co-exist together.

I know reports are Punk has always been a massive prick but he was able to last in main roster WWE without getting into punch ups and endangering the bosses life wasn't he?

Whatever happens Punk certainly knows how to get headlines, good or bad. 

  • Members
Posted
1 minute ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Does Punk have heat with anybody in WWE that would prohibit him from potentially going there?

Well, one of the very men in charge, so that does sort of put the kibosh on it slightly I assume.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

If they think there's money to be made no bridge is ever truly burnt in wrestling.

Edited by Tommy!
Posted
4 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

If they think there's money to be made no bridge is ever truly burnt in wrestling.

Is there enough to be made to offset any potential headaches, though? WWE is raking it in, they don’t necessarily need to deal with any potential disruption that Punk brings. And given his track record, is would he really leave that Rollins comment unchallenged?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...