CM Punk chat

LaGoosh

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
11 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Big Phil having a bit of a tantrum in his Instagram stories about not being featured in the WWE game.

10 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

He's just trying to recreate the ice cream bars isn't he.

9 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Impressive they managed to release that so quickly after him complaining that he wasn't in it. Who knew video games companies could work so quickly 🤔 

This is going to wind up being one of those times that great bits of storyline play out on other platforms and never actually get referred to on TV isn’t it? Punks obviously playing to his reputation here, and it would be a great segue into “Nothings really changed, I was sold a dream” and a heel turn. If he wasn’t going to have to go after Drew as soon as he comes back.

Very minor RAW spoiler below, put it in tags just in case

Spoiler

They showed a promo from Punk last night after running an ad for the game, just thanking fans for wanting him to be in the game etc, so clearly was just a bit of quick promotion tied in with it. 

So can call off the hounds he hasn't gone mad yet.

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said:

@Hannibal Scorch I know it's just a daft meme but not sure why Punk should be singled out for not speaking up about things that happened when he wasn't even working for the company.

I think it’s more just a sign of the evolution of Punk who spent a lot of his time in AEW wearing statement t-shirts to stand up for women and LGBTQ+ rights, and his return to WWE where he’s reverted back to how he was when he left. I wrongly assumed as an ally he probably would be one of those people who would actually speak out about it, especially on his platforms which are full of Vince apologists. And I think saying he wasn’t there when this went down is false considering how many NDA’s were signed over the years.

Look, I soured on him with his behaviour on his way out, I’ve been clear, but I had hoped the positives of his run (as above) would be something he’d carry on with. I guess what I’m saying is I want to feel more positive about him, and thought he probably would have said something.

I'm openly not a fan of Punk but I can't see that he has anything to contribute about a scandal that happened whilst he wasn't even part of the company.  Yes, he's worked there before but so had almost every wrestler who ever lived.  It's not like he's Vince's best mate like Cena, or related to him like HHH.  Might as well be pestering Danielson, or Sabu, or Hillbilly Jim for a reaction.

Punk's on his final chance in wrestling having burnt so many bridges, and just fucked up his push getting injured, and is sitting collecting cheques.  If I was him I’d be keeping schtum and doing whatever daft marketing the company wanted from him.