The OnlyThread

Merzbow

58 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

But seriously, this is a part of wrestling now and my initial jokier post aside I think this place could talk about it reasonably. I don't imagine it's going to go creepy or anti sex worker on the other side of things.

It's been a part of wrestling for years if talking about Onlyfans specifically. The concept of photoshoots, custom wrestling videos, selling gear around for decades. It's only now a bit more mainstream and profitable than in the past.

• Paid Members
27 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

It's been a part of wrestling for years if talking about Onlyfans specifically. The concept of photoshoots, custom wrestling videos, selling gear around for decades. It's only now a bit more mainstream and profitable than in the past.

It's exactly that isn't it?
No longer do you have to do a walk of shame up to the counter with a grotty WWF Divas in Hedonism DVD, you can just chuck one of them a few quid and nobody needs to know. It's not something I'm particularly interested in now but teenage me would have spent all his paper round money on exclusive pics of Trish Stratus for sure (if I couldn't torrent them on Limewire or Kazaa).

Fair play to them too because I imagine they saw scraps from the VHS/DVD royalties back in the day so if they can go direct to consumer and pocket the lot then it's a no brainer.

As I’ve said before, I’m torn between thinking that it’s empowering that female wrestlers get to control and benefit from their image, and thinking it’s something of a retrograde step for an entertainment form that’s spent years trying to disassociate itself from grot.

In the years since WWE stopped doing Diva bikini shoots women’s wrestling has become much more respected, promoted and appreciated in the US and that can’t be a coincidence.

Having said all that

6 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

let me know if Dakota Kai starts one.

A man after my own heart.

spacer.png

I guess it's a step up from the apartment wrestling videos that were advertised in the Apter magazines. Given the internet contains copious amounts of nude woman of all shapes and sizes, frequently performing a multitude of sex acts to satisfy virtually any preference, I'm not sure why people are willing to pay money simply because someone wrestles in WWE/AEW/wherever. 

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, Tamura said:

I guess it's a step up from the apartment wrestling videos that were advertised in the Apter magazines. Given the internet contains copious amounts of nude woman of all shapes and sizes, frequently performing a multitude of sex acts to satisfy virtually any preference, I'm not sure why people are willing to pay money simply because someone wrestles in WWE/AEW/wherever. 

A sort of worked sexy wrestling/ MMA type thing is still very much a thing, so the sort of stuff advertised in the mags is still going because it's about the power dynamic more than just looking at sexy women.