Jay Briscoe RIP

Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members

38 is no age, his poor family.

Really liked his stuff when ROH first started, him and his brother are one of the best proper tag teams of the past 20 years. I was booked to wrestle him and Mark in 2005/06 or so (I was shitting myself, because they were the bloody Briscoe Brothers!) but sadly it never happened. RIP

• Paid Members

I was never their biggest fan, not my style, but the hype and buzz around them was unbelievable at one time and even if it wasn't for me I could see why.

I never followed the out the ring side but from what I understand he's one of the few who took some stuff on board and looked at other points of view to reassess his own despite some unpleasant opinions at one time, which if true is more admirable than anything else because it's the hardest thing to do in life.

Again, not my taste in the ring but I could always see why there was hype, and for him to die so young is tragic.

I haven't been able to stop thinking about this since I heard. He was 1 year younger than me. I was big fan back in the heyday of ROH, even met him and his brother at an ROH event. 

So, so sad. His poor family. I hope his daughters pull through. I can't imagine what his wife must be going through right now. 

Edited by deathrey

On 1/20/2023 at 7:57 PM, Merzbow said:

Cornette has an hour long segment on Jay, breaks down while reading a letter saying how the entire town including schools had shut down in memory of him.

Seems like the family do a lot there and are well loved.

Noticed Cornette had donated on here and not surprisingly Jericho, Omega, the Bucks, Kevin Steen and Dax amongst others.

https://www.givesendgo.com/pughlove?utm_source=sharelink&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_campaign=pughlove