TNA… Cross the Line again

garynysmon

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

Surely not…D’Amore has called it one of the biggest signings in their history, and referenced the signings of Christian and Kurt Angle in relation to this. Riddle just doesn’t compare. I really hope you’re wrong.

Given the hyperbole one or two have been prone to in and around TNA, such as my favourite when Hogan described the talent as "This guy could literally walk right in the front door and become the Heavyweight champion" and it turned out to be Kennedy/Anderson....

7 minutes ago, Callum1993 said:

Probably Ziggler

.... this rings true. Although relative to where TNA is today compared to where they are when they signed Christian or Angle, it probably would be one of the biggest signings in company history.

46 minutes ago, air_raid said:

Given the hyperbole one or two have been prone to in and around TNA, such as my favourite when Hogan described the talent as "This guy could literally walk right in the front door and become the Heavyweight champion" and it turned out to be Kennedy/Anderson....

To be fair on them, has that really happened post-Dixie? I can't think of any examples of it in the current era. 

48 minutes ago, air_raid said:

.... this rings true. Although relative to where TNA is today compared to where they are when they signed Christian or Angle, it probably would be one of the biggest signings in company history.

If you look at their overall roster, in terms of recognisability, he's a step above what they have. The same could be said about Riddle. But giving either of them the 'one of the biggest ever signings' runs the risk of creating a perception of it being the 'same old TNA' in terms of how they treat these things. Doesn't mean that's not what they're doing, but I hope they're smart enough to hype these things accordingly.  

If they don't wheel out Tito Ortiz for this then what's the point.

In all seriousness, they've worked hard to shake that TNA stank and so I like to think they have the sense to only do this if it's something genuinely worth hyping.

Taking that into account, I would think Sasha Moné whatever is the most likely. She really hasn't done THAT much since leaving WWE so I'd be surprised if she wanted to jump right back in there. And if she's got a choice between AEW with the very unreliable womens division, or TNA where they do actually focus on them AND she's got Trinity there.. 

WWE will always be there to go back to.

1 hour ago, DavidB6937 said:

Taking that into account, I would think Sasha Moné whatever is the most likely. She really hasn't done THAT much since leaving WWE so I'd be surprised if she wanted to jump right back in there. And if she's got a choice between AEW with the very unreliable womens division, or TNA where they do actually focus on them AND she's got Trinity there.. 

WWE will always be there to go back to.

Counter to this - Charlotte's just gone down with an injury, putting all their Wrestlemania plans into chaos.  Now would be a good time to negoiate a new WWE contract if you were Moné.

Edited by Loki