4 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

TNA built itself up as a viable option then imploded on itself. Aew has to avoid the same fate.

I think AEW has the advantage of financial independence. Panda Energy, whilst being a Carter family company still had shareholders to keep happy but AEW is a private company so as long as the Khans are happy, they can slowly build. 

• Paid Members

Being a parent to two young children, I just want something thats going to be easy and fun to watch each morning when I'm up at the crack of dawn. Currently, I have a decent run of shows to get me through the long morning, whether thats Raw, Dynamite, Smackdown or even NXT. As long as the shows are decent to good, I'm happy and couldn't care less what the ceiling of each company is.

I think that is pretty much the target audience of wrestling these days. The late 20's people watching during the Attitude Era are still watching Raw, the teens from the early 2000's workrate era, are still watching with probably a more broad range of show choice, but it'll be interesting to see how many of the kids from the Cena era of the early-mid 2010's are still watching or whether they dropped off to watch Mr Beast or whatever it is thats all the rage for teens these days. 

Cater to the Dad's, to get the kids interested. PG is probably king, as much as PG SUX etc. 

Aew have kept saying they don’t want or expect to overtake wwe, they just want to be a steady alternative. Long as they keep Doing that there’s a market for it. McDonald’s and coke don’t ease up as they know Burger King and Pepsi are ready and waiting to take up market share. If it makes wwe better then it’s better for everyone 

He’s a real piece of shit. I’m just going to put that out there. I don’t know why he’s the champ. He’ll hear this anyway, and he’ll cry about it to Tony [Khan]. Then I’ll get an email from [AEW Chief Legal Officer] Megha [Parekh] or HR, and they’ll be like, ‘You can’t be calling our world champion a piece of shit.’ And I’ll be like, ‘Well, if he doesn’t act like a piece of shit, then I wouldn’t be calling him that.

Never stop, Eddie.

Edited by Merzbow

• Paid Members

He can't even get on TV for more than about 15 seconds every other week on Rampage. It feels like he's massively in the dog house. Either that or his angle with Ortiz and the House of Black, whatever it is, is in a holding pattern until the decide if Santana is coming back to save them or if it's to split Ortiz and Eddie off. 

If Kingston actually had something to do, he might be a bit less active on twitter. 

It does feel like Eddie Kingston has fucked himself with this company.  And this sort of stuff on Twitter is why.  Which is a huge shame as it's THE place to capitalise on him.  He's not going to get called up by WWE, put it that way.

I love the guy but I can see why they're keeping him off tv if he's anything like this backstage.

Just now, Loki said:

It does feel like Eddie Kingston has fucked himself with this company.  And this sort of stuff on Twitter is why.  Which is a huge shame as it's THE place to capitalise on him.  He's not going to get called up by WWE, put it that way.

I love the guy but I can see why they're keeping him off tv if he's anything like this backstage.

Yeah, that's exactly how I feel. Initially I thought all of this was in character, but these days that looks unlikely...it's a shame, because he's one of the most compelling promos around. 

• Paid Members

Kingston has always slagged off MJF on Twitter and generally sticks to kayfabe online so I'm leaning more towards this being a work. Hopefully it is anyway, AEW is basically his last chance for real success.

But yeah, Kingston should always be a featured player. Hopefully he gets some focus soon because obviously he's the best.

Edited by LaGoosh

• Paid Members

That MJF promo is really going to divide opinion. No idea why seemingly admitting to vehicular manslaughter was the best way to show he's a scumbag. 

A really good show from an in-ring perspective, some cracking matches throughout the show. Danielson and Rush was just straight up violent.

That Saraya segment though, just end the storyline now and move on. Awful, awful acting from all 3 involved. 

• Paid Members
32 minutes ago, Nick James said:

That MJF promo is really going to divide opinion. No idea why seemingly admitting to vehicular manslaughter was the best way to show he's a scumbag.

It is probably the worst modern wrestling promo I've seen. There's no place for edgelord ECW style promos in today's wrestling because it was crap then but a product of the time. When it's as out of place as this was it's just crap.

Edited by FelatioLips

MJF getting some character development last year that his whole character was a front for being hurt seems more like ten years ago and he’s on one of those runs that wwe give a hacksaw or tatanka and you get the basic version of their character again. 

On Kingston, as much as I’ve grown to enjoy him as a tv character, he seems like a massive arseache to be around and work with. We all know someone at work who always moans about how they should be higher up, but look what he does when he gets a spot on the Marc Maron podcast with a massive reach, he wastes the time intended to talk up giving aew and wresting a chance and spends it talking down a guy the audience Won’t have a clue what he’s on about (bar 5 mins with MJF in character on the pod beforehand). We all know his issues, but he’s ultimately responsible for his own roadblocks and if I was in charge I can’t trust that kinda guy . 

It's a cocktail of things with Eddie, which I think are exacerbated by his mental health struggles. Eddie's whole brand is based on him being authentic, what you see is what you get, so I'm inclined to equate what we see online with the character he portrays on screen more than most. So when I see Eddie get massive, main event reactions whenever he's on screen but no focussed push to reflect that connection and work, then I see his online comments as him venting his frustrations in the only way he can. Depression isn't necessarily a guy crying in the corner. So when he's putting in the work and seeing nothing for it, the I understand his attitude, even if I don't agree with his actions.

Plus he is kayfabe sticking to known heels. If he starts digging into Mox and even Ortiz (despite the current angle), then I'll get worried that he's not OK.