• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

I had to do this kind of thing for Stevie Knight when ticket sales for an FWA tour he was promoting bombed. Difference is, Stevie wasn't the son of a billionaire and I was ringing people who had attended the previous show at the venue, putting on my best phone voice and making a big deal that 'Stars of ITVs Celebrity Wrestling programme, D-Lo Brown and Joe Legend will be on the show!'. 

Not quite the same.

I went to 3 shows on that tour SBA. If AEW get down to those sort of levels then they are in real trouble. 

Think I would be up for seeing Jay White beat MJF for the belt, I'm a bit of a sucker for a title in a stable.

I'd have a load of interference next week and have Juice beat him for the ring, and I would even have the Gunns take the ROH tag belts off him in the run up too.

Have MJF be a broken man after BC have taken everything from him only for his pal Adam Cole to turn on him too.

Also when is Jack Perry back? I'd like to see him realign with Christian when he does 

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

I went to 3 shows on that tour SBA. If AEW get down to those sort of levels then they are in real trouble. 

The BOGOF's they have done recently have been at the back/top tiers. If it is all tickets, that is a sign of an issue, but the last few shows have seen a bump in attendance and Wednesday only had cheap tickets for the cheap seats anyway. They are where WWE was pre pandemic when they had the hard cam completely tarped in most venues. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

The BOGOF's they have done recently have been at the back/top tiers. If it is all tickets, that is a sign of an issue, but the last few shows have seen a bump in attendance and Wednesday only had cheap tickets for the cheap seats anyway. They are where WWE was pre pandemic when they had the hard cam completely tarped in most venues. 

I was reminiscing about the FWA really Scorchers. 

8 hours ago, Supremo said:

Wardlow said he was coming for MJF. He didn’t say he was coming for the belt. I can’t think of a better Full Gear pay-off to Jay White’s claims that Max has no friends. The lads!

IMG_6558.webp.ce702e3c89d204386fcdf036126073c9.webp

I like that idea, would be a great way to push Adam Cole over the edge to join Bullet Club gold. Then they'll drag it out to Blood and Guts. 

Thing is, when WWE brought NXT to Aus previously, they had initial poor ticket sales and starting giving every "free upgrades" to the next set of tickets up.

So let's not pretend that BOGOF or other ticket promotions is some random out of blue tactic by AEW. It's as old as the spirt itself.

• Paid Members

Chapter 8 in the Secret Diary of William Hobbs, aged 13 and 3/4" 

February 2nd, 1998: "Chris Jericho was mean to my nan today.  :("

Why couldn't he just say he's been saddled with a bunch of losers who were holding him back so he decided to join a winning team. He can just be there because he's ambitious and ruthless. Really silly promo, but Hobbs in the Callis family is still a great move for him.

Lovely to see The Queen get a big match on Dynamite, and it was a belter as expected. She's the best. 

Edited by JLM

I have been watching Dynamite and most Collisions but I haven't been able to really talk much about them as I am having to watch a day or two late due to work, which is annoying.

I noticed recently that my enjoyment of the shows is increased by a non-negligble amount when I don't bother reading shit about ticket sales and TV ratings and Tony Khan's Twitter.

I think AEW have been putting good shows for a long while now and I am super looking forward to Full Gear, mostly because it's on a Saturday and I'm moving into a new flat right around then, so it'll be nice to have some comfort on the TV (well, Fite app).

I wonder if Sting will be able to do a 1-on-1 match or what the plans are in that regard?