Echo what @Supremosaid in regards to Swerve. I know Tony has plans and he generally loves to stick to them but come on! You've had an exceptional PPV. You've had a MOTY and star making performance. And you follow it up like that? Absolute fucking waste of time. Strike while the iron is hot. You're in charge. Continue the momentum. It happens SO often with all these guys that often feel on the cusp and then what? There's such a reluctance to acknowledge when they've struck gold with someone and actually go with it.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Supremo said:

the day Killswitch stands up for himself and turns on Christian is going to rule.

Oh yeah absolutely. The crowd was instantly ready for this. After all the chat about Luchasaurus being a silly name, it has now become symbolic of his eventual redemption. Crowd was chanting "Luchasaurus" in the style of "You're a wrestler". Wrestling's funny. 

1 hour ago, DavidB6937 said:

I know Tony has plans and he generally loves to stick to them but come on! You've had an exceptional PPV. You've had a MOTY and star making performance. And you follow it up like that?

I think that was a reaction to the PPV match being so well received. RUSH and Jay White of the 3 matches probably would have been the better opener. International talent, White's history in the G1, bit of a coin toss on a winner.

Instead Swerve was put front and centre in the OC/Mox showcase spot to open the show. One of the good things about the tournament is you know he's not going anywhere for the next month either.

• Paid Members

Last thing I forgot to mention; that Wardlow/AR Fox thing would’ve been so much better if they’d cut the camera a few seconds earlier. It wasn’t nearly as impactful or funny once the camera panned down to Fox on the floor. He should’ve just been head-butted out of shot like Luigi Primo got booted offscreen, never to be seen again.

• Paid Members

I get why they wouldn't want to change his name to Nick Cage since somebody already has that name, and Wayne Cage sounds like he works in sales or something. Plus there are so many Cages & Pages there already. Nick Christian? Nick Reso could be a little insidery, maybe? 

9 hours ago, Infinity Land said:

Orlando has been described as the 'League Finals', with World's End being the overall Final.

I don't think the 'League Finals' part has been properly confirmed at this point.

On commentary (Rush vs White) they confirmed that the two top scorers in each league will face on in a semi final, then go on to the grand final at World's End.

Edit: Apologies someone beat me to it.

Edited by andrew "the ref" coyne

Honestly though what has the devil done to MJF that has been THAT bad.

He beat up Jay White backstage (that really helps MJF really) and then beat up Max Caster (who MJF isn't a big fan anyway).

Apart from that he's done some evil laughing. That's it. 

Im betting Samoe Joe vs MJF will slowly morph into a big multiman match featuring anyone gunning for the title, including Wardlow and Strong. 

• Paid Members

The Christian Cage segment was fantastic, they really have to find a way for him to expand his stable and get it working towards the upper end of the card. Schiavone's exasperated "He's out of his mind" cracked me up.

Toni Storm's segment was just as good. "I'd like to thank one Mr. Anthony Khan...."

4 hours ago, andrew "the ref" coyne said:

On commentary (Rush vs White) they confirmed that the two top scorers in each league will face on in a semi final, then go on to the grand final at World's End.

1itoun.jpg

4 hours ago, andrew "the ref" coyne said:

So 1st in the blue league faces 2nd in the gold league and vice versa? With the winners facing at Worlds End.